cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVdo network turns itself off after update

Journeyman

EVdo network turns itself off after update

Well, I guess the title says it all.  I had the Hero for about two weeks before the update.  I have used the phone as my alarm clock every day.  Only since the update, when I turn off the alarm, check e-mail (or whatever) I get an error telling the the mobile network is off.  It has somehow turned itself off during the night.  This has happened at least five times since the update.

Anyone else have this happen?

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: EVdo network turns itself off after update

this just happened to me as well. it happened once before after the update, never prior.

Journeyman

sourmilk wrote:

this just happened to me as well. it happened once before after the update, never prior.

Same here.  I've been using Kaloer Clock, but not sure if there's a cause-effect relationship.

Journeyman

Happened again this morning.  I don't think the alarm clock has anything to do with it.  I'm pretty sure it happened this weekend as well ( no alarm set for the weekend) .  Just sometime during the night, the network turns itself off.  The icon is gone, I have notifications, when I retreive the notifications first thing in the morning, or check the weather, or whatever: no network.

Journeyman

Had the same issue. I just enabled the always on mobile connection and have not had that issue again. I know that it takes more power but I have not had that issue since.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ribbi49 wrote:

Had the same issue. I just enabled the always on mobile connection and have not had that issue again. I know that it takes more power but I have not had that issue since.

That didn't make any difference for me, but I have not had any problems since I uninstalled an app that adjusted various sound volumes, based on the time of day.  

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat