Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email- Please help

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Email- Please help

It seems to me that there are two email programs running on my Hero. I go to check email and delete the ones I don't need, go back to the home page and the notifications light is still blinking. Pull down and there are the same emails again. I delete again. So I was wondering, any way to close and just have one email program running? Thanks for any advice.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Journeyman

Re: Email- Please help

Yes, you are correct that there are two email applications on the Hero as delivered.  One email application is the Google experience account which is setup when the phone is first turned on and activated which uses the native Android 'Gmail' application.  The second email application is the one HTC deliveres which is HTC Mail simply called 'Mail' on the applicaiton's menu.  The HTC Mail application is so us customers can setup our Hero to have the Hero work with more than just the one Google email account and the HTC Mail application supports Microsoft Exchange accounts too.

It sounds to me as though you may have the same email account setup on both applications.  Since you have the primary Google experience account setup to get your Gmail in the 'Gmail' application, I would suggest launching the Mail application (not Gmail), and removing that same account which you have setup in the Gmail account.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Wizard

Can it be that you have a new emails? With Gmail setting, every time you get an email, you will get a notification on your phone. In my case I get a lot of emails and sometime I just clear the notifications to save my battery.

Journeyman

Yes, you are correct that there are two email applications on the Hero as delivered.  One email application is the Google experience account which is setup when the phone is first turned on and activated which uses the native Android 'Gmail' application.  The second email application is the one HTC deliveres which is HTC Mail simply called 'Mail' on the applicaiton's menu.  The HTC Mail application is so us customers can setup our Hero to have the Hero work with more than just the one Google email account and the HTC Mail application supports Microsoft Exchange accounts too.

It sounds to me as though you may have the same email account setup on both applications.  Since you have the primary Google experience account setup to get your Gmail in the 'Gmail' application, I would suggest launching the Mail application (not Gmail), and removing that same account which you have setup in the Gmail account.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for all the replies. I might have got it, went to manage apps. You were correct, both gmail and the HTC Mail were set to launch at start up. I force closed the HTC Mail app. Will see if that does it. I think it will. Again thanks for the help.

Highlighted
Master

rgss06 wrote:

Thanks for all the replies. I might have got it, went to manage apps. You were correct, both gmail and the HTC Mail were set to launch at start up. I force closed the HTC Mail app. Will see if that does it. I think it will. Again thanks for the help.

If that was the issue, having the same account setup in both apps... that isn't the best way to resolve the issue, your email account would still be setup in the HTC Mail app as well as the Gmail app.

All you need to do is open the Mail app > Menu > Settings > Delete account

Assuming it opens up and your email account is setup there. Then you won't have to worry about it anymore because it isn't even setup anymore. If there is no account setup there then I have no idea, the Gmail app only shows a single notification when you get email, doesn't matter how many messages.

Much simpler answer to the problem than going in and changing startup options, that solves a simple task in a complicated way. Complex fix to a simple problem usually means a higher chance it will cause issues later.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat