cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhancement request for incoming call screen - update (move from Menu to Screen)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Enhancement request for incoming call screen - update (move from Menu to Screen)

Hello Sprint/HTC,

Can you please make the following button/feature that I had on my Centro?

On an incoming call, provide an "Ignore with Text" button, where during the call ring, you can choose to select from a quick reply list (which already exists in the messaging app), to text back concurrently about why you can't receive the call.

Thank you.

I love your fix so far!

(update on 11/19/09)

I found out that you can ignore with text by hitting the Menu button when a call is incoming, then press Send Message'.

However, my request is that the 'Send Message' button be moved to the incoming call screen, just like how the mute and speakerphone buttons were for this last fix.

Thank you.

Message was edited by: qrius

6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: Enhancement request for incoming call screen

The Hero already has this feature. If you receive an incoming call, press Menu and tap "Send Message". You can edit the outgoing message by going into Phone --> Menu --> Phone Settings --> Edit Default Message. I have not personally used this feature yet, but it is described in some detail on pg 10 of the Basics Guide that came with the phone. Hope this helps!

Patron

Pinion00 wrote:

The Hero already has this feature. If you receive an incoming call, press Menu and tap "Send Message". You can edit the outgoing message by going into Phone --> Menu --> Phone Settings --> Edit Default Message. I have not personally used this feature yet, but it is described in some detail on pg 10 of the Basics Guide that came with the phone. Hope this helps!

Can you even do that during an incoming call? I am barely able to swipe down to answer the phone call, and even that is VERY laggy. There is almost no motion of the thing swiping down... it just dissapears a second after you swipe down.

Journeyman

According to the manual, yes that is for incoming calls. But like I said, I've never used the feature myself. Best way to see what it's capable of is just call yourself a few times and experiment with the Menu function while it's ringing.

Journeyman

I'm gonna have to give that a try!!!

Journeyman

I've already tried this.

If you press decline, it just goes straight to the home screen without giving you the expected text message popup, which you should be able to edit, if you have "edit message" turned on, which I do.

So then I guess this is not an enhancement request, but a bug.

Journeyman

Actually, I was doing this wrong.  From the manual:

Rejecting a call and sending a text message

You can automatically send a default text message to the caller and reject the incoming voice call.

Press Menu and tap 'send message'

Send message when you have an incoming call to send the text message.

However, my request is that the 'send message' button should be on top of the 'Answer' and 'Decline' buttons, so that you don't have to do the extra step of hitting the menu button, similar to how they did the same thing w/ the Mute and Speakerphone buttons in this last fix pack.

Thank you.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat