cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code 67: registration failure when attempting network sharing

Journeyman

Error Code 67: registration failure when attempting network sharing

I've been searching for the answer to this since I got my phone. When I try to use the network sharing function I get the following message below:

Data call failure:

Error Code 67: registration failure. Press ok for options. Your PCS vision username and/or password may be incorrect. Please try again.

There is no option to press "ok" because the only option I am given is to "dismiss" the message. I can't understand why I would get this message when for network sharing when I can access all my data functions on the phone just fine. I thought that maybe when I upgraded from 1.5 to 2.1, that might resolve it but no such luck. Any ideas?

I've even searched this forum for that error code and didn't get any results.

8 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Error Code 67: registration failure when attempting network sharing

Sprint has this function disabled on the Hero and has no plans to enable it.......they want you to buy an Evo or an Overdrive for internet tethering.

Journeyman

Yeah, for some reason they didn't have HTC get rid of the option, which is really dumb on their part. Currently, it seems they have no plans to support tethering on anything but the Evo, and even if they do, its going to cost you. That error means that you aren't authorized to use that option. If you root and change a file, it will work though... ;-)

Journeyman

Nice! That sucks! I don't think I want to get into rooting my phone. My brain is already filled with a ton of other junk to do.

I appreciate the answers!

Journeyman

Before I head over to the EVO section, just let me report that my EVO gets exactly the same message, and I bought the plan. Can't tell you how happy that makes me.

Journeyman

I ran into the same error and got kicked off the 3G network and i just bought an EVO yesterday.  After some searching and trying relentlessly to 'update my profile', I changed my password on the website and immediately my 3G came back to life.  Oh, and the 4G rocks, no problems when i turned that on.

Journeyman

I actually spent about two hours on the phone with sprint going through updates, resetting my phone, and troubleshooting.  I found out that my mobile Internet and hotspot will only work in 4G mode.  I had to go to Apps/Sprrint hotspot/change my password, go to settings/Wireless &networks/4G (turn it on)/Mobile network (turn it on)/Sprint Hotspot (turn it on). I challenge Sprint to fix this issue, because l don't believe that 4G is everywhere and there are more 3G towers than 4G towers.  I will be at a loss where the technology doesn't exist.  I hope you get your phone to work the way you want.

Journeyman

Apparently, Sprint wants everyone to use the "4G" connection. I guess people were not using it as much as they like. Only thing is, 4G KILLS your battery on EVO. Therefore, when you dont NEED to use it, most people turned it off. I changed my connection from 3G to 4G and it works fine now...they are just being a P.I.T.A. YOU WANT PEOPLE TO USE 4G, then supply a better battery.

Message was edited by: ljames29

Journeyman

I found that if I turned off the "Sprint Hotspot" that the "Mobile Network" would turn back on and show "connected".  If I turn on "Sprint Hotspot", then the "Mobile Network" shows it's disconnected and I will get the dreaded Error 67 message.