cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code 1012!!!!

Highlighted

Error code 1012!!!!

Couple of days ago, phone started to run PRL Update and when it finished I looked up at the PRL under the Status and it was different than the one before (xxxx8 was changed to xxxx9) Ever since then my 3G coverage has became choppy, my phone keeps switch back and forth between 1x and Ev!!! Data download has slowed down and when I try to update PRL manually (under System Updates) it either gets stuck and throws error 1012!!!

Anyone has any clue regarding this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance!   

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: Error code 1012!!!!

My PRL is 60659, I'm located in Washington state. I think the issues with my phone have been worse since moving from the xxxx8 but I cant prove it.. My issues are text messages being sorted incorrectly and less bars than normal at work. I've always seen my EV go away to 1x every once in awhile...

I just did a PRL update and my PRL didn't change nor did I get an error.. Wish I had a better answer for you. Try hard reset?

Thank you so much for responding!!! I have the same PRL as you and I am in Washington, DC area....!! I am not sure what is on my way yet!! So far just looks like the issue is with 1x and Ev. I really hope this won't destroy my experience with this new phone!!!

I am just avoiding the hard reset as of now and hoping to find an answer before that..... I heard its just a pain in the tail ..... hopefully will have some solid answers!!!

Journeyman

Actually the worst part about resetting an Andriod device anymore is setting your ringers, alarms and background. As long as all of your contacts are with Exchange or Google its pretty pain free.

I ran PRL Update again last night and this morning one more time, it looks like its working fine now!!! I wonder what changed things, but I am still stuck with xxxx9! Hopefully I wont have issues...

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat