cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EvDo Rev. 0

Journeyman

EvDo Rev. 0

I know someone else asked this question in another thread. I cant find it anywhere, so I thought I would ask the question again in its own thread. Im not sure the question was ever answered.

When you go to Menu > Settings> About Phone > Status  the Mobile Network type says EvDo Rev. 0 and not Rev. A.

What I want to know is this. Is there a reason we are not seeing Rev. A here? I was under the impression that Rev. A would be supported, was this incorrect? If we do have Rev. A then why isnt that stated? If we dont, will we? And if we will, when?

I'd also like to ask everyone here to check, if you dont mind, and report back which Rev. version you have.

Thanks.

50 REPLIES 50
Patron

Re: EvDo Rev. 0

Rev. 0 here.

Patron

Journeyman

Rev.0 here

Journeyman

Wow... some one at Sprint needs to address this asap.

I guess I will have to double check mine before leaving Best Buy this morning.

I copied at pasted this from over there:

I see one difference between mine (rev 0) and HiCaP's (rev A) phone, the PRL and PRI versions.  His is 60652 and 1.70_003 w/ Google and mine is 60654 and 1.68_003 w/out Google. It's been a while since I've been up to speed on these terms, but doesn't your PRI and PRL affect which cell towers you can see or something like that?
Journeyman

This has the potential to be get bad real quick, i just looked in that forum at SU and its pretty clear that some people has Rev 0 phones..I have Rev A in Florida..but the browsing doesn't feel as good than on my Touch

Sprint Product Ambassador

Hi!  Great question!

I just called into the status bridge and talked to the HTC hardware team.  The hardware and radios support RevA.  The About - Status screen displays what network you are connected to.  Look at it out in Western Kansas - You'll see 1xRTT.  I have Rev0 connected to my Airave; RevA when I step out of the house and go down the block.

(can't believe I'm getting Rev0 on my Airave - it used to only be 1xRTT!)

Thanks!

Will

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

Thanks Will!

Hmmm now the 3.5 jack/mono/stereo issue is my only main concern :-\

1.5hrs till I get my Hero!

Journeyman

Thanks Will.

DMC-12 wrote:

Wow... some one at Sprint needs to address this asap.

I guess I will have to double check mine before leaving Best Buy this morning.

I copied at pasted this from over there:

I see one difference between mine (rev 0) and HiCaP's (rev A) phone, the PRL and PRI versions.  His is 60652 and 1.70_003 w/ Google and mine is 60654 and 1.68_003 w/out Google. It's been a while since I've been up to speed on these terms, but doesn't your PRI and PRL affect which cell towers you can see or something like that?

I'm looking into what the PRI is, what it should be and what the deltas are.

Should have something soon.

Thanks,

Will

Journeyman

So what I'm gathering here is that since I'm sitting in my house where I don't experience the best Sprint reception my Status is Rev 0... If I get out and about it will change to Rev A... This issue then has nothing to do with the "With Google" written on the back... "Right?"

tshaw1 wrote:

So what I'm gathering here is that since I'm sitting in my house where I don't experience the best Sprint reception my Status is Rev 0... If I get out and about it will change to Rev A... This issue then has nothing to do with the "With Google" written on the back... "Right?"

Yes.  My favorite repsonse on this from Sprint Users:

THIS IS CORRECT.

It is not an indicator of the capability of your phone -- IT IS AN INDICATOR OF THE COVERAGE YOU'RE CURRENTLY IN.

DO NOT WORRY. STEP AWAY FROM THE LEDGE, PEOPLE.

In the 40 hours I've had my Hero, I've seen it show Rev A, Rev 0, and 1xRTT.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat