cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EvDo Rev. 0

Journeyman

Re: EvDo Rev. 0

I am having the same issues as DMC.  No data.

Also I am REV-0.

Error code 1012 is the message received.

Journeyman

Android Forums didnt need anymore problems, but yeah, we have talked about it over there as well.

Ludwig wrote:

I am beginning to think that Sprint/HTC backported 1.5 cause the device would not of made release date otherwise. I hope 1.6 fixes the mono audio and I wont hold my breathe for 1.6.

HTC/Sprint did something to get CDMA in the Hero prior to a 1.6 release. This was already  confirmed.

Here

Patron

Right I know. I was more talking bout intent. I was saying that maybe 1.6 wasnt ready in time for release. So they release a nerfed version of 1.5.

Sprint Product Ambassador

Back from my drive around the city.  The indicator does change - from Rev0 to 1xRTT.   😕

However, I did multiple DSLReports speed tests and got speeds up to 1400kb/sec, so it's got the speed.  

I've forwarded on all 30-odd messages here to the product lead for the Hero.  They're digging into it and when we know more, we'll post.

(My personal guess: display bug.  We'll see.  I know nothing - I'm a unix geek, not a phone geek)

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

wengla02 wrote:

Back from my drive around the city.  The indicator does change - from Rev0 to 1xRTT.   😕

However, I did multiple DSLReports speed tests and got speeds up to 1400kb/sec, so it's got the speed

I've forwarded on all 30-odd messages here to the product lead for the Hero.  They're digging into it and when we know more, we'll post.

(My personal guess: display bug.  We'll see.  I know nothing - I'm a unix geek, not a phone geek)

Thanks a lot for looking into it.  Looking forward to hearing what the lead says.  Regarding the speed, AFAIK, the download speeds for Rev 0 and Rev A would show up the same.  Its upload and latency that would differ.

Journeyman

wengla02 wrote:

However, I did multiple DSLReports speed tests and got speeds up to 1400kb/sec, so it's got the speed

So you never saw Rev A? I find that rather disturbing all things considered.

Sprint Product Ambassador

Downloaded 'Ping' from the marketplace; at the house with ratty coverage I got 166ms pingtimes to Yahoo; turned on Wifi and retested; got 148ms.   Turned off CDMA data entirely and still got 143ms. 

Seems consistent anyway.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

i was one that got the hero on friday, I also did not have an EVDO signal for hours after the activation. A factory reset fixed the issue.

Journeyman

I got my phone on Friday without the With Google branding.

It has a manufacter date of 22/9/2009.

EV-DO Rev.0

A little perturbed by this.

Any idea of 1.6 is going to fix this? Any idea when 1.6 is coming out?

Journeyman

dphazelwood wrote:

I got my phone on Friday without the With Google branding.

It has a manufacter date of 22/9/2009.

EV-DO Rev.0

A little perturbed by this.

Any idea of 1.6 is going to fix this? Any idea when 1.6 is coming out?

1.6 has been relesed by Google. We are waiting on HTC and Sprint. No idea on that time frame, or even if it will correct the issue.

There has been rumors that 1.6 would be released for Sprint around the time of launch, so we'll see in the next few days.

Journeyman

After MUCH frustration there were no answers and there was no way to resolve this.

Ultimatly we had to do a hard reset on this hero.. and set it back to factory defaults.  Not a huge deal... but I had to go back and reload all my contacts, e-mail addys, re-sync everything. (meh no biggie)

They never did give me an answer as to why.

He is what I have come up with though.  The Hero never really registered to the network fully like it should of... after the data provisioning went through.  We tried EVERYTHING to try and make it do so.   Finally.. after speaking to the 3rd tech... we decided to do a hard reset... and that fixed it.

Hero booted up... registered on the network... then rebooted itself a couple of more times.. and then I finally had data!

Hope this helps!

-Jerry

BTW... now that THATs fixed.

No Google Branding... Rev 0 -- Downtown Chicago in various parts of the city... NEVER got Rev. A.  Back out in the near west burbs... same thing.

Journeyman

i got mine through telesales has google branding and is getting rev A

dont know what i was getting before with the instink in in souther nevada right on the az border too

Message was edited by: 702DROID

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat