cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange ActiveSync Issue on Hero

Journeyman

Exchange ActiveSync Issue on Hero

Ok so I have an Exchange 2003 SP2 environment with working activesync.  I was getting emails delays allot, and coming in bulk afterwards.  It seemed by default the setting to to receive every 15 minutes.  I found an option to Receive, "As it Arrives".  It is under Mail > Menu button > More > Settings > Send & Receive > Set Download Frequency.

My only issue now is I constantly see my calendar syncing every other second under the status.  Anyone aware of this or how to resolve it so I get push notification right away but not constant calendar sync?

Tags (2)
9 REPLIES 9
Journeyman

Re: Exchange ActiveSync Issue on Hero

The setting for push is actually called As Items Arrive and seems to be a bug based on other users and forums, including the Euro Hero.  I see my calendar in a non stop loop syncing everying other second.  If I disable calendar sync, it seems fine for push email and contacts.  Anyone from Sprint can test this?

For now all I can do is leave calendar sync off and sync enable when I need it?  Thats pretty horrible coming from the HTC Touch Pro where this worked flawlessly.

Journeyman

Where do you see this status? I dont see the option.

Journeyman

To make it Push "As Items Arrive"

Open the mail app then click the MENU button and select MORE > Settings > Send & Receive > Set Download Frequencey

Set the option to As Items Arive for full activesync push

For the Calendar issue always syncing

If you click the programs button and goto Settings > Data Syncronization > Exchange ActiveSync

If your calendar is enabled and has a green checkbox, it may show a circle sync icon every few seconds.  that should not happen.  It should only connect if there is a change.

Message was edited by: ogdenous

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have it setup as "as items arrive". My calendar only syncs with changes.

In fact, i dont have the constant syncing by looking at where you said to go. My calendar last synced

at 9AM this morning, which is when I put in a change on my calendar.

Journeyman

thanks for that, I deleted my Exchange account on the phone and recreated and all is well.  I will leave it as not fully resolved as I am not sure what caused it and based on other forums androidforums.com and google searches seems other people also have this issue.  Working for me now so all is good.

Journeyman

Just deleted and re-created my exchange account and all was good.

Journeyman

I have had no issues sync-ing e-mail and contacts on our 2003 Exchange server.  But my calendar just will not sync.  Hero says syn probs.  I called Sprint, they said it is a server issue.  How if I am getting mail and contacts.  Any ideas what would cause calendar not to sync.  Any suggestions.  Thanks.

Journeyman

No real way to check the cause on the Hero, if re-creating the account on Hero does not resolve like it did on my device, you can check your Exchange log for clues on calendar sync issues.  Also make sure you are running Exchange with the latest service pack 2 if exchange 2003 and up to date Maintenance patches and security fixes.  A last option would be to try this device with someone else's account in your exchange environment like a test exchange account and verify calendar is working.  If it does work with the test account you might have a corrupt mailbox which may need to be recreated or issues with permissions on your AD user account.  And if the test account also fails then you will need to hit the event log to find what errors come up on your backend/frontend Exchange Server, IAS or ISA servers.

Message was edited by: ogdenous

Journeyman

Ok, I stand corrected.  We are running Exchange 2007 not 2003.  Still having sync issues.  I contacted HTC.  They quoted me the manual.

I was thinking about doing a hard reset, if there is such a thing.  If there is, how do you do it.  I didn't download anything so it's ok if I wipe everything out.  I would not mind "rebooting" this thing and start over.  Would that be the same as the Factory Data Reset?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat