cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook not working correctly on the HTC Hero

Journeyman

Facebook not working correctly on the HTC Hero

Hey everyone,

Is anyone else having trouble with Facebook on the HTC Hero?  When I click "older posts", it's the same as the current posts.  It doesn't seem to be refreshing correctly.  Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks,

Dave

8 REPLIES 8
Journeyman

Re: Facebook not working correctly on the HTC Hero

I've had the same problem... Try http://m.facebook.com

Or click the link "Mobile" at the bottom of the page.

Sometimes it'll go to http://touch.facebook.com and may not work.

Try clearing the cache too... might help.

Journeyman

nah i just checked mine its working fine

Journeyman

You're right!  Strange... Seems like I don't have that problem anymore... must've been right after clearing the cache OR FB fixed it...

Sprint Product Ambassador

Facebook has some capacity issues but they are improving. 

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

i also have the same older post issue. i tried clearing the cache and still doesn't work. i click on the mobile site and it works fine but was wondering if i changed the bookmark from touch.facebook.com to m.facebook.com it would somehow mess up my facbook syncing with my contacts??

any other suggestions?

Journeyman

No, you won't lose your Facebook pals.

You might be logged off once in awhile (depending on if you choose for your browser to "remember" the password for the Facebook site).

Your phone contacts that have Facebook links (updates, etc.) have nothing to do with your browser.

As you can see from my previous post, the "Older Posts" problem has disappeared for some strange reason...

I can't pinpoint it, but you'll have to try the "mobile" site for the time being and not the "touch" site.

FYI, I started using Dolphin as my browser recently...

Highlighted
Journeyman

thanks for the info!

what's ironic is when i'm logged onto my facebook on the computer, these issues seem to go away with the touch site. when i log off the computer, they start cropping back up just like they were before....old data, older posts are just repeats, etc.

Journeyman

Ah... that might be it... once in awhile I'll be logged off of Facebook at home too... (security reasons, I suppose).

Facebook is always tweaking their site... And it's not always perfect...

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat