Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files that came with the MicroSD card

Patron

Files that came with the MicroSD card

Does anyone have the files that were on the MicroSD card that came with the phone backed up to their PC? Is anyone (much) smarter than I and have them copied to their computer before formatting the card to try and get it to work?

I'd be interested in getting some of those files back (like the backgrounds, etc.) that came with the phone...just the files and stuff that came with it.

Zip file, piece by piece, site map...whatever. I'm extremely upset with myself over this.

18 REPLIES 18
Journeyman

SteV1der wrote:

Does anyone have the files that were on the MicroSD card that came with the phone backed up to their PC? Is anyone (much) smarter than I and have them copied to their computer before formatting the card to try and get it to work?

I'd be interested in getting some of those files back (like the backgrounds, etc.) that came with the phone...just the files and stuff that came with it.

Zip file, piece by piece, site map...whatever. I'm extremely upset with myself over this.

PM me an email address and I will see what I can do for ya.

Journeyman

So what do you guys think the best procedure would be for swapping out to a larger micro SD card and transferring the necessary data? I was wondering if the Hero would place all those files back when the card is formatted, but I guess not. Perhaps to place the stock card in an SD adapter and then in a drive on a pc, place new one in phone and after it formats then just copy and paste folder contents into the new card? Also, isn't there some HTC Sync program on the card?

Message was edited by: mlblack16

Patron

I can't address all of your questions, but I didn't use the HTC Sync program on the card itself. I haven't really "synced" anything yet. Instead, I found the program on the HTC site and installed it there (maybe that was a mistake?).

I believe you're supposed to mount the card to your computer, then take the file off the card onto your PC to run it and install it there.

Journeyman

well i never used the origional sd card that came with the hero i actually transfered all the origional files and folders on the origional to a 4gb card and ive been using that one just loaded origional into laptop and then mounted the 4gb from the hero and copy and paste or send to which ever one works for you.

Patron

To add a larger card I found it to be very simple.  I connected my Hero to the PC, chose to see the files and then opened the SD card directory.  Copied everything from there over to my PC desktop, pulled the USB cord out and then added the larger SD card.  Reconnected the USB cable and once again chose to see the files/folders.  The phone automatically formatted the card and then I went back to the PC desktop and copied the original files back to the phone.

Sorry for the long explanation but it was very simple and didn't take more than 2-3 mins.  Also I brought over many files from my older phones (images, videos, etc) and everything worked great.

Patron

Still got that folder on your desktop? I know some people (like myself) would be interested in receiving a zipped version to fix...user errors.

Journeyman

well even though i now use a 4gb sd card has anyone else noticed that the actual memory on the phone itself is very limited. so evenyually you would have to upgrade your sd card no matter what due to all the files that are programed to be stored on the card itself especially because of all the extra scenes, widgets  and backgrounds,musi and other things go directly to the card.

Journeyman

pm me and ill send it to you via email 

Journeyman

cts627 wrote:

pm me and ill send it to you via email 

He shold be good now.

Journeyman

This is what I did.

1.  Connected the phone as a usb device to my pc.

2.  Copied all the files/directories on the phone's SD card to the directory I previous setup to hold things I wanted to transfer to my SD card (Sprint Hero SD Card Dir).

3.  Disconnected the phone as a usb device from my pc and did a save remove hardware on the PC.

4.  Unmounted the SD card via the Settings menu.

5.  Switched the SD card.

6.  Connected the phone as a usb device to my pc.

7.  Copied all files/directories in the directory I previous setup (Sprint Hero SD Card Dir) to the SD card in the phone.

8.  Disconnected the phone as a usb device from my pc and did a save remove hardware on the PC.

Journeyman

slbailey1 wrote:

This is what I did.

1.  Connected the phone as a usb device to my pc.

2.  Copied all the files/directories on the phone's SD card to the directory I previous setup to hold things I wanted to transfer to my SD card (Sprint Hero SD Card Dir).

3.  Disconnected the phone as a usb device from my pc and did a save remove hardware on the PC.

4.  Unmounted the SD card via the Settings menu.

5.  Switched the SD card.

6.  Connected the phone as a usb device to my pc.

7.  Copied all files/directories in the directory I previous setup (Sprint Hero SD Card Dir) to the SD card in the phone.

8.  Disconnected the phone as a usb device from my pc and did a save remove hardware on the PC.

The OP had formated his SD card, this wouldnt have worked.

However, if you need to transfer from one card to another, this is a very good way to go.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat