cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find and update the software version on your HTC Hero-issues upgrading over the air

Journeyman

Find and update the software version on your HTC Hero-issues upgrading over the air

I've noticed that there is a newer 2.1 update for my HTC hero, and its newer than what my software version is on my phone (have checked).

when I try to perform the 'check now' a message pops up saying that 'there are no updates available for your phone".  What am i missing? is anyone having this issue? are there any resolutions?

regards,

malanis

5 REPLIES 5
Wizard

Re: Find and update the software version on your HTC Hero-issues upgrading over the air

If running a version prior to 2.27.651.6 please update the  software to 2.27.651.6 by going to http://shop.sprint.com/en/software_downloads/pda_smartphone/htc_hero.shtml  or by visiting a Sprint S&R Repair Center for the update.  This may wipe your phone of all contacts and saved data, so please perform a backup first. 

Once the phone is on 2.27.651.6, you can then update to 2.31.651.7 (most current version), over the air (Menu->Settings->About Phone->System Updates->HTC software Update->Check now)
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Find and update the software version on your HTC Hero-issues upgrading over the air

Thanks dshoem01, i currently have 2.27.651.6 on my phone, and it still says that 'there are no updates available for your phone'.

regards,

malanis21

Journeyman

Me too. Have 2.27.651.6 on the refurb Hero I just got yesterday. Pulled battery, updated profile, prl, and tried again - still no update. I tried calling sprint tech support, was transferred to advanced tech support (jokingly named, surely) and told the latest is available on sprint.com/downloads. At that address the latest available IS 2.27.651.6, which we all know is not the latest. But the tech support lady did not know the difference between firmware and software versions, so there wasn't any real tech support possible. She just said call HTC: 566-449-8358.

Journeyman

HTC was actually very helpful, although they couldn't solve the problem. At HTC.com > Support > Sprint Hero there is the 2.31 update listed. However it is not available for download... it simply lists the instrcutions for checking for the update and dowloading on your phone - the same instructions we've all been following and getting the 'already up to date' message. Bottom line (says HTC rep) is this is a Sprint problem. I agree.

Journeyman

Called Sprint tech support again. More helpful rep this time, but still no solution. She did write a detailed description and started a ticket for me. I have a feeling there's a 50/50 chance I'll end up with a replacement Hero today.

Considering no one had problems upgrading until yesterday - the first day the refurb heroes went on sale at Sprint.com this weekend were recieved by customers (including me) - there might be a connection with this batch of refurbs and the problem.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat