cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fix the HERO phone already!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Fix the HERO phone already!

If I was Sprint or HTC I would be embarrased by the fact that the phone they are marketing as one of their flagship devices doesn't even work reliably as a phone!   Then to top it off Sprint and HTC either refuse to acknoledge that there is a problem or point fingers at each other and leaving the consumer in the middle with no resolution.

Yes I can root the phone and try other "ROMS" but I've found that the problems although may become less prevelant still exist plus the fact that I shouldn't have to solve Sprint's problems.

I've also noticed that the Sprint people on this forum have now become completely silent went pushed for real answers.

So Sprint has now proven that this forum is useless to resolve problems

-TL

29 REPLIES 29
Journeyman

Re: Fix the HERO phone already!

Uh, what's wrong with your phone?

Journeyman

I refer you to my signature that I stole from someone else on this forum. It's the only knowledge I've received here.

The Not Right Now Android Phoneon  the Now Network™.  Unlike a certain battery powered bunny we keep  "Waiting and waiting and waiting...on Sprint

Message was edited by: VoXPCS

Journeyman

That doesn' tell me anything.  Waiting on Sprint for what?  No wonder people have gone silent here.  Nobody wants to describe what the issue is.

Journeyman

tedya wrote:

That doesn' tell me anything.  Waiting on Sprint for what?  No wonder people have gone silent here.  Nobody wants to describe what the issue is.

We're waiting for Android 2.1, but no other carrier or manufacturer has released a 2.1 update for a 1.x device yet.

Don't let these other guys get to you. They're upset that Sprint didn't start rolling out Android 2.1 two weeks after it was first released. Yeesh.

Journeyman

check out some of my previous posts...

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/142157#142157

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/151025

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/27085?start=4

SPRINT and HTC ACKNOLODGE THAT THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE PHONE AND THAT YOU WILL FIX IT.  I'M ON MY FOURTH HERO BECAUSE YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS CLUELESS!

Journeyman

tedya wrote:

Are you kidding?  A quick look at the threads here shows that many people are having many issues.  Just a few quick examples:  Dust under the display, Bluetooth not working correctly, Youtube app not working, Ringer lag causing missed calls, SMS/MMS messages not coming through, Paint chipping off buttons ETC.

If people have gone silent it's probably because they've received no answers nor solutions to these problems from Sprint.

Journeyman

Nah, I'm not letting anyone get to me.  I may be new to these forums but I am an "old-timer" on many other forums such as Howard Forums and XDA Developers.  I am also one of those guys who likes to help regardless of how stupid the question is or how many times the same question has been posted.

But when people don't give specifics, it is sort of hard to lend a hand.

Maybe I got a good Hero, but I don't have nearly the problems people are describing all over the place.  No lags, no problem receiving SMS, etc.  I only wish my battery would last longer.

Journeyman

I don't care if Sprint fixes the Ring lag issues, keyboard lag and bluetooth issues in 2.x or in the existing 1.5 image, but acknowledge there is a problem and FIX IT!

I went to the Hero phone and accepted the fact that I had to upgrade my plan, I can not go back to my cheaper plan that offered me basically everything I have now for less money so... SPRINT FIX THE PHONE!

-TL

Message was edited by: Moderator

Journeyman

I get ZERO ringer and keyboard lag issues. Many others dont as well. Buy a new phone or move to an area with better 3G coverage and top crying already.

Journeyman

I don't seem to have the problems your complaining about.  I have had very few problems with this phone.  I don't think there is a smartphone out there without some issues.  In their rush to market they put these phones out and fix them later.. I am not a power user and don't download a lot of aps maybe that is the problem too much for the phone to process.

Journeyman

First, I don't care if Sprint/HTC fixes the phone with a simple update to 1.5 or just releases 2.x, I just want to be able to reliably receive a phone call when a call comes in.

Your theory about not having good 3g coverage is preventing the phone to ring and I should be in an area that has better 3g coverage.  Right now my phone is sitting here with full signal strength indicated and 3g coverage.  At my office I usually have 1 or 2 bars down on the indicator and 3g coverage.  Oh my office?  right outside MSG in NYC.  Even still your theory that about needed 3g coverage doesn't make sense, the phone does not need 3g coverage to make or receive phone calls, further more, why does the phone light up for several seconds before starting the ringtone, or if I'm listening to music on the phone why does the music stop for 10 seconds or more sometime before alerting me to an incoming phone call?  This tells me that the phone has already been notified that a call is incoming but the phone for some reason does not indicate the incoming call properly.

Keyboard lag, I think its beyond just the dialpad and is general "lagginess" as when a call came in and I had the option to answer the call, the phone delayed the response to my touch for several seconds.

So, my question is SPRINT/HTC WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE SAND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THERE IS A PROBLEM AND ISSUE A FIX?

-TL

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat