cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flip Clock/Weather widget problem

Highlighted
Journeyman

Flip Clock/Weather widget problem

I had deleted the flip clock b/c the weather refused to update.  I went back and put it back on and the weather does not show up on the widget now.  I have to open up a seperate weather widget on the screen.  I've played around with the settings and haven't found a way to remerge the two.  Any ideas how to get it back?  Thanks.

Update: I called HTC directly and the rep i spoke with was dumbfounded.  Had no idea what was wrong and told me that the only way I could fix this is to do a full system restore.  I would prefer not to do that so if anyone has any ideas, I would greatly appriciate it.

Message was edited by: cycophuk

Message was edited by: cycophuk

7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

Re: Flip Clock/Weather widget problem

Ok, so I've narrowed the issue down.  I can get weather on the widget if I use one of the cities they have programed into the phone.  If I select current city or I add a city, it won't recognize that city at all.  How do I get it to recognize my city?  The individual weather app has no issues giving me a weather report for where I live.

Journeyman

I'm having the same issue and its driving me crazy. It tells me no weather data is avalible for currunt location(major city). Then when i try to manually put the city in it loads a default city every time i select mine. Right now it's displaying weather from over a week ago. Its told me thatt its 20 degees at night forever. This on top of the fact that i can rarely get you tube to play videos is really stressing me out.

Journeyman

I have the same problem and have just given up for now. I actually deleted my current city and can not set another city as my current. I can go to the list and find the closest city and display that, but the widget ONLY displays that one. With the current city selected (before I deleted it) the displayed city would change base on where I was. Maybe the 2.1 update will fix this for me.

Journeyman

I went by a Sprint store last night after work and the rep I talked to told me that there was glitch with the gps.  He told me the only way to fix is to do a factory reset.  Distraught, I gave my premission.  Sure enough, it worked.  Google Maps, Sprint Navigation and the flip clock/weather widget all work now.  Sucks that I have to set my phone up all over again, but at least it works again.

Journeyman

Had the same issue a month ago, fixed by going to system update and updating profile and prl. Worked like a charm hope this helps.

Journeyman

So the widget is working now, but now I'm having the issue where the weather is using the location where the phone was reset at instead of where I live.  It's not a huge deal, but I would like it to give me the weather where I live, not where the Sprint store it.  I can not delete the city that was put as default.  How do I make another city the default city or how can I delete the default city?

Journeyman

Not sure if this is related, but my location is listed as "5".  I did the profile and prl updates and now the widget displays the same weather as the program page, but its still "5" for the location.  Anyone else had odd results like this?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat