cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For Sprint/HTC: List of known software defects

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Dear Sprint/HTC: Dire need of SOFTWARE UPDATE!

After the long awaited 2.1 release for the HTC hero, there are still many flaws within the software.  In fact, they broke things that used to work within 1.5.  I own a panasonic kx-th1212b bluetooth enabled home phone system for my house. With 1.5 I was able to pair and connect my phone so that when I arrived home from work, I could send and receive calls with my house phone handsets.  Now thanks to this great update, I can no longer connect my phone to the base.  The phone will pair but never connect.  And thanks to the fact that I cannot downgrade the software from 2.1 to 1.5 I no longer can use this expensive device I bought for my house.

What is sprint/htc going to do to look into this issue?  This release was a huge disaster.  Not even sure how it could have been released.

Highlighted
Journeyman

While I also have some issues, a disaster? a huge mistake?  not even close in my book.  having been around computer software and people using it since 1982 i think this is going much better than expected....

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is a biggie.... the email app won't work with Exchange Server 2010.  Gooodbye corporate customers.

Highlighted
Journeyman

i'd have to agree with you, this release is FAR from a disaster.. everything is running fine on mine.

Granted there will always be people who complain. not saying that there are some valid issues, just that from what I have seen through the years, there are some people that just complain to complain lol (people unhappy that out 2.1 is missing features, would be the same people complaining that if those features were included, that its making the phone lag worse, etc...). people I have talked to who have done the upgrade are very pleased with it. I was inmpressed how well Bluetooth actually worked on 2.1, only issue I ever had on 1.5 was when listening to music, it would occasionally drop out (using bluetooth stereo), haven't seen that yet on 2.1

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: For Sprint/HTC: List of known software defects

I installed the long awaited update and my phone is running worse than ever before and it ran like crap before. I've gotten it looked at and replaced at Best Buy once, Sprint Store twice, since the last time, I've dealt with it in wait for the update and I'm still having issues. This phone does not meet proper specs to run the way it's advertised.

Highlighted
Journeyman

what issues are you having?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Programs aren't running properly, widgets woon't work (show "Problem with Widget")

Every option, even the simplest tasks are lagging.

My contacts won't connect to Facebook.

The status bar freezes, sometimes during drag down, most times frozen at the top.

It reboots itself while plugged in.

There's a couple, off the top of my head that I'm dealing with constantly.

Owe and if the phone rings, it freezes when answering the call and unable to end the call.

The phone has to be shut off. Which, I get to the shot down menu, click the button, nothing happens and about a minute later the shut down verification appears.

I've reloaded tthe phone several times and get the same issues there after.

I'm plain sick of this phone and its issues.

Highlighted
Journeyman

New Eclair Defect - Missing Favorites Tab

After the 2.1 Firmware, Eclair, Update, the Favorites tab (Person Icon with a Heart) has disappeared at the bottom of the People main menu.  Verified on two phones...while a third without the update, still has it!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: New Eclair Defect - Missing Favorites Tab

@kbomueller Favorites is not gone, only moved into the Groups Tab.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The picture mail did not work with the software originally installed on the device. With the second update, the vibrate function does not work at all.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My Hero restarts it self Randomly anyone know whats is that all about?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Try this: http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/174116#174116

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat