Dear Sprint admins, PLEASE continue to visit this thread as new issues that are being discovered will be added! Thank you!
Us Sprint HTC Hero users within the first week of the device's release have discovered some critical software issues/bugs that need to be addressed fast. These software issues take a lot away from the enjoyement of what can be a truly awesome phone. We see potential and have great hopes for the Sprint HTC Hero and it's Sense UI software, but I for one am starting to lose bits of that hope and am in dire need of a software update!
The following are some of the significant issues that have been brought up recently and need to be fixed (in no particular order):
Will from Sprint has given us a response concerning the software issues we have mentioned above:
We've logged the listed defects, and we're glad to see you're finding workarounds for some of them (the mono/stereo, for instance).
Some we're not able to duplicate (brightness, loss of data requiring a reboot) but we've sent it into the testing lab for further research.
Some we've identified the error and have fixes in development (Rev0 display when in RevA coverage).
Will you get a new system update today? No.
Will HTC and Sprint release an update soon? Yes. But I can't define 'soon'. When we have more information, we'll post it. We are listening and we are working to make this phone the best possible.
I do ask you to relax a bit; flooding the forums with "OMG it's been five whole dayz!!11!!!111!!!one!" makes it harder for everyone to find information, navigate the forum and have the best experience with the phone and our forums.
Thank you for helping out!
Will -- just a service rep. With a keyboard.
PLEASE continue to post any more problems that you guys discover here on this thread!
And a note to Sprint: we will be listing all the problems here on this thread for you to evaluate and decide of a fix is necessary and possible.
Message was edited by: dvdqnoc
Mine does that blinky thing too, as well as drain fast. I have had my phone since Oct 09, and I now have to charge my phone 3 times a day when I barley even use it.
I bought my phone in October of 2009. Since then my phone has had these problems, which are still unresolved:
1. Battery drains fast - It has done this since the first day I bought it. I even exchanged it for a different one because I thought it was a malfunction. I now have to charge the phone 3 times a day.
2. The notifications drop down doesn't always open when I try it.
3. When I go to open someone's text to me, it will open some other person's text folder. I normally have to try 2-3 times to open the correct one.
4. The phone doesn't accept any texts that have pictures with writing in them. It just gives download error messages instead.
5. When I open applications that are on the front screen of my phone, it sometimes opens the wrong app even though I am positive I touched the correct one. It seems like the phone doesn't register the "touch" correctly.
6. About 4 weeks ago the internal phone ringer started to sound really scratchy when I called someone. When they answered the phone the entire conversation from that person would be broken and scratchy. It does this on every phone call.
7. About 2 weeks ago, the external phone ringer started to sound really scratchy when someone calls me.
I don't know how many of these are getting worked on, but I thought I would put my 2 cents in, incase I had something happen that others haven't.
I can not get my Applications manager to open, it freezes everytime since I updated my software 3 days ago.
I will go back and browse through and see if anyone else has problem, just dont have the time to read through 11 pages right now.
THank you for your attention to this matter