ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GMail notification always blinks LED, even with Email notifications off

Journeyman

GMail notification always blinks LED, even with Email notifications off

Just like the topic says, I continually experience a blinking status LED when I receive a new Gmail message, even though I have the notification for new Email turned off. In the GMail application itself, the Email notifications box is checked, but that's because I want to see the "@" sign that appears. This says nothing about the LED, only that it will notify you in the status bar. Is this just a bug/annoyance in the GMail application, or something with the phone itself?         

Tags (4)
5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: GMail notification always blinks LED, even with Email notifications off

The Gmail app has its own notifications, and there's only one option: notify or not.

Since you have it set to notify you, that includes status bar notifications as well as a blinking LED. I don't think there's any way to enable one but not the other.

Journeyman

This was my fear. Quite annoying, really. I only want my phone to blink at me when something high-priority happens, like a new text, missed call, or voice mail is there, but I don't want to not know if I have new emails when I look at the screen.              

Journeyman

I actually found where you can set the flash notifications in the settings under

Settings -> Sound & Display -> Notification Flash

It will let you do simple things like messages, missed call, and email. Doesn't seem to be "per email program" like what it sounds like you are looking for, but it may help you out none the less.

Journeyman

I'm pretty sure those apply to the Mail program and not Gmail.

Patron

That was my take on the issue too.

I hate blinky LEDs.  If my phone is blinking it better be important and email will never fall into that category.

I like the "@", but hate the LED and hope that Google can add an additional option....

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat