cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get More HTC Sense Widgets in 2.1

Highlighted
Journeyman

Get More HTC Sense Widgets in 2.1

For the guys running the rooted 2.1 leak on your Sprint Hero's, is the 'Get More HTC Sense Widgets' under 'Add More Widgets' working for you?

http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/58237-get-more-htc-widgets-works-now.html

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Patron

no, it's not working.  and i did clear data frm the dl manager as well.  hmmm, i wonder why?  what are the additional widgets?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Not working here either. I can download the HTC battery widget from the market only, but it fails on install. I am just going to wait until the official Sprint update comes out and I'm sure someone over at XDA will cure this. No big deal to me.

Message was edited by: LunaTech

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey guys the only way to get the update is to unroot. people can unroot and there there are the ones that have seem to brick there phone. lot of people that went from 2.1 back to 1.5 stock sprint have had errors and they could not get there phones back on. some can only get there phone boot to the htc only when they plug the usb in. So be very careful I thought I was going to be the one having issues but i didnt. so I got lucky. just start a search for unrooting sprint hero. and you should read the forums. i hope you all dont have the issue they did. i have the 1.56 Ruu. also one more thing is I think a lot of the people had the 2.1 rom and using the vista drivers on there windows 7 PC to go back to the original RUU 1.56. be careful

Message was edited by: egnin1

Highlighted
Patron

egnin1 wrote:

Hey guys the only way to get the update is to unroot. people can unroot and there there are the ones that have seem to brick there phone. lot of people that went from 2.1 back to 1.5 stock sprint have had errors and they could not get there phones back on. some can only get there phone boot to the htc only when they plug the usb in. So be very careful I thought I was going to be the one having issues but i didnt. so I got lucky. just start a search for unrooting sprint hero. and you should read the forums. i hope you all dont have the issue they did. i have the 1.56 Ruu. also one more thing is I think a lot of the people had the 2.1 rom and using the vista drivers on there windows 7 PC to go back to the original RUU 1.56. be careful

are you serious? sources please.  or am i feeding a troll?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I wish I was my friend. But read all the bottom post. this guy put this up this is the original Sprint Stock RUU. http://geekfor.me/news/sprint_ruu_156/#more-493 but i would be so cautious case of the issues they have had. Like I said I said well here goes nothing and walaa mine was restored for the 2.1 operating system. im sorry guys. but i have a friend that has the issue and he had to take the chance and take it back to Sprint and they gave him a used hero. But they find out you messed with it they don't have to do anything for you . the guy that gave him the new phone was his brother in law so he knew it was bricked. he told us that they know people are bringing phones in that have been rooted cause there has been a serge in returns with bricked phones the last month. and phones people are scared to unroot those are the big problems cause he told us they are now being told the tatel tail signs of rooted phones .

Highlighted

From Flipz note it seems they are getting ready to come up with a full release and this one seems to be a delta release!!! Just hang in there and we will get it all..... I have respect for HTC and Sprint but the reason they are delaying this release is all about a sort of game they are playing or neglecting this cause they are looking forward to new phones/customers then I am not sure I really am ever going to unroot and get back to official release!!! Anyway, lets hope we will see full release by flipz soon!!!   

Highlighted
Journeyman

I hope your right. cause there is going to be a lot of p off hero root users. Like I said I was scared to death to use the 1.56 RUU. But all went well for me so im thinking they had the 2.1 and I never used 2.1. I only ran Gumbo rom last one was Gumbo 1.5c. his was fast and ran so smooth and much better then uhh Hummm Sprints and HTC Rom. lets get this 2.1 out soon. The friend I have works at Radio Shack and said he was informed that the 2.1 is to be a OTA release and will come on April 9th. but like I say it was coming in DEC November March 26th and April 1st now the 9th. I look at it like this when it comes it comes. ill just root it and use a custom 2.1 rom when they come out. cause this will be the last rom that will come out for the hero. I wont have to worry about unrooting again lol . Bring on N1 and the EVO!

Highlighted

I wouldn't worry about it too much guys. I honestly don't think u will be able to get the new HTC widgets til HTC begins the rollout of the 2.1 upgrade. As far as unrooting, why do it? As soon as it comes out xda will be working to make it better and u know it won't take them but a few days to release an update for us rooted users. So for that fact, I will never unroot my phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

There is no reason to unroot when 2.1 is officially released. I give it a day before there is a tweaked version up on XDA. It might even happen the same day.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat