cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Maps Crashing With GPS On

Highlighted
Journeyman

Google Maps Crashing With GPS On

Anyone else having this problem?  I'm not sure when it started but it was maybe a couple of weeks ago.  Basically, with the GPS on, Google Maps will crash on startup and reboot your phone.  In fact any app that uses Maps (such as Yelp) crashes when you turn on the GPS.  I've tried backing out the Maps update that came out recently after the 2.1 upgrade, but the issue persists.

There are other discussions about this here and here.

What's going on here and what's to be done about it?

BTW I'm in Washington DC. Seems like this issue is tied to geography.

Message was edited by: aymill03

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: Google Maps Crashing With GPS On

I just used Google Maps and 2 other programs that use GPS and no crashes or reboots.

You must have some sort of conflict somewhere. I don't have a clue where you should start. Sorry

Journeyman

I'm in Washington, DC

Journeyman

Yes I have the same issue. A couple of days ago I brought it into a Sprint Store, and they said I had to reinstall the ROM. The new ROM ends in .6 and I had .5. It seemed to fix it, until today. Every time I click on Maps or Sprint Nav, it resets itself. I plan on going back to Sprint tonight to see what they have to say.

Journeyman

I have the .6 ROM. Let me know what they tell you!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat