cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HERO - need help w/voicemail, MMS & SD card

Highlighted
Journeyman

HERO - need help w/voicemail, MMS & SD card

sorry to bug y'all, but i just got this piece of loveliness (htc hero)  yesterday and, as much as i've been having a blast with it, there are a few things that i just can't figure out and the owner's manual is NO HELP.  this is my first foray into the world of smartphones, so please be kind... 

1) i installed a backgrounds app (from stylem). i added a few backgrounds to my "favorites" within the app and saved a few to my sd card...how the heck do i retrieve 'em?! *where* are the favorites? and how do i pull up what's on my sd card? the backgrounds/wallpapers didn't save in any of my albums. i guess i'm just so used to my netbook where i can open a folder and see what's on my harddrive...this smartphone is kickin' my butt! lol

2) i received an MMS today and i can't save the attached pic. the owner's manual tells me to press & hold the file and then tap "copy attached to sd card" but when i press & hold, nothing happens.

3) i also can't set up my voicemail box. again, the manual tells me to tap "phone", press & hold the #1 key and follow the prompts. the only *prompt* i get is a fast busy signal. ugh! 

i'm sure i'll have more questions in the next few weeks, but any help you can offer at this stage in my relationship with my hero would be greatly appreciated!

thanks, y'all!

Message was edited by: moonkween

7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

Re: HERO - need help w/voicemail, MMS & SD card

Can't help you out on question #1.#2 I have saved photos by the press on said picture it turns green and release it pops up a list of things, including saving it. I think, if I remember right it downloads pic. Then you can just go to images and see it under downloads.#3 hit phone press 1 and press talk or dial, follow the directions to set voicemail message. I think, again if I remember right you will press 1 again to set up your message. Hope this helps you a bit.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I too had the question (problem) regarding sd card content and "where was it" and "how do I view it" and a person on this forum recommended that I download the "explorer" app (same thing as windows explorer for your pc), I did so, and bingo ! , I was able to see and view and manipulate (i.e.-save delete...etc) what was on my sd card (the owners manual was NO HELP AT ALL !) . hope that helps you and resolves your issue !

Highlighted
Journeyman

If you're having trouble connecting with voicemail by dialing 1 then try just clicking on the voicemail icon (or through all programs). If you have never set up your account then it should automatically prompt you to set it up, if not click menu->settings

If you can see the thumbnail of the picture in your MMS then you should just need to do a long press to save it (all pictures automatically save to SD and can be accessed under albums->downloads)

If you are getting a button that says "download" in the message and the picture is not downloading then you may have to do a hard reset of the phone. I experienced this problem and a hard reset fixed it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have a new problem with my hero and was wondering if there any suggestions.  It seem all of a sudden I am only getting some text messages  form people and it doesn't matter about the network.  Will handscent help with this problem or is it a hard ware issue.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Seems there was a text outage with mostly winmo phones on sprint but it also affected other smartphones as well.  If so call CS they had me up and running again in less than 5 minutes.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi,

Has anyone figured out the resolution to problem #2? I've received a few of these MMS messages that I cannot download, and all it does is tell me "Message not downloaded" and to select to review the message and try again.  It's very frustrating.  It doesn't seem to matter what size it is either.  I have a 1k and 281k file that won't download.

Any update on this?

Thanks,

Allan

Highlighted
Journeyman

If you are getting a button that says download instead of the attached picture but the download is always unsuccessful then you need to do a hard reset of your phone. I had the same problem and a hard reset fixed it for me. This will return your phone to factory settings. Make sure your contacts are backed up as Google contacts. You will not lose anything that saves to the SD card (ringtones/music/pictures). You will need to reinstall apps and reassign ringtones.

-Turn off the phone

-While being switched off, hold the "home" and "back" buttons
-Hit briefly the "end call" button" while still holding the "home" and "back" buttons.
-Release the "home" and "back" buttons and a screen will appear where you can reset your phone

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat