cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC - HERO Ringer. Where, How and What I Need to DO.

Highlighted
Journeyman

HTC - HERO Ringer. Where, How and What I Need to DO.

I have some questions about downloading ringers for the Hero.

1.     If I download music from the Amazon mp3 app, can I use them as ringers?

2.     If not, where can I find ringers to download?

3.     I see that there is a lot of talk about the SD card.  Do I need to format my card or what?

4.     Also, I downloaded a song from an app and can not find it, where is it?

If anyone has any information about where, how and what I have to do to get ringers, please let me know.  Any information is greatly appreciated.  Thanks.   

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: HTC - HERO Ringer. Where, How and What I Need to DO.

BFLG wrote:

I have some questions about downloading ringers for the Hero.

1.     If I download music from the Amazon mp3 app, can I use them as ringers?

2.     If not, where can I find ringers to download?

3.     I see that there is a lot of talk about the SD card.  Do I need to format my card or what?

4.     Also, I downloaded a song from an app and can not find it, where is it?

If anyone has any information about where, how and what I have to do to get ringers, please let me know.  Any information is greatly appreciated.  Thanks. 

1. Yes. The easiest way I know is to download an app called Rings Extended from the market. It lets you use any mp3 on your phone as a ringtone, plus it lets you change the tone of things that aren't changeable in the stock OS I think. There's another app called Ringdroid that lets you cut a song down to ringtone size right on the phone. Do a search for rings and ringtones in the market there are lots of apps that do lots of things in this regard.

2. See ringdroid from #1.

.3. No need to format your card. I think what most people want to do is have apps and stuff like that download to and run from their SD cards instead of the onboard memory. That's not possible yet without an app that accomplishes this or a Hack. Either could harm your phone. I'm only saying "could" here. Lots of people are having success with this

4. You need a file management app that lets you look at the folder structure of your SD card. there are a few, I use Astro file manager. You also can mount your drive to a PC and look at it like any thumb drive. Your song is probably in the download folder of your SD card. Though even if it is there I'd think that the music player would still find it...not sure on that one though.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: HTC - HERO Ringer. Where, How and What I Need to DO.

How do you use ASTRO to move items to the SD card. I tried to move my contacts and couldn't figure it out.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat