cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Hero 2.1 bluetooth audio problem

Highlighted
Journeyman

HTC Hero 2.1 bluetooth audio problem

Ever since the update to 2.1 on the Hero music through bluetooth in my car is a problem. The music seems to be playing at 1.5 or 2 times the normal speed and it will randomly slow down then speed up again. This was never a problem in 1.5, what could they have possibly done to mess this up? Is anyone else having this problem or should I just reload the OS to see if it will act normally?

21 REPLIES 21
Journeyman

Re: HTC Hero 2.1 bluetooth audio problem

Weirdness, I guess in comparison mine isn't that bad, but still horrible (when you consider the price of these BT around the ear headphones!).

Since the upgrade last night my music constantly breaks up when I am moving ...for the most part sitting/standing still has no problem, but seriously I bought the BT headset so that I could move, workout, eat etc. without wires getting in the way.

It'll be fun (sarcasm) to watch Sprint blame HTC, HTC blame Android, Android blame HTC, HTC blame Sprint, then 2 months later the Bluetooth stack gets updated and everyone’s happy; pissed but happy (especially after waiting the extra half year for Sprint to release the new OS …one could question why the hell it took so long if far reaching and painfully obvious bugs weren’t addressed during the wait).

Lesson Learned:

Root your phone when a stable Android 2.2 build comes out for HTC Hero (I hear they have one click installations now) and you’ve have all the newest features and bugs that you would otherwise wait months for sprint to add a boot animation and (mostly) crappy software to.

Journeyman

This happens to me too.  Worked perfectly in 1.5 but once I upgraded to 2.1, it plays at 1.5 to 2x speed and keeps playing this clicking/ticking sound.

Journeyman

Have either of you tried a 3rd party music player?
I've been using MortPlayer, the results are much better than the stock player, but not as good as with 1.5.

Journeyman

I'll check it out and see what happens.

Message was edited by: Ryand833

Journeyman

I just tried Mort Player and it still plays fast, it didn't sound any better to me. I don't understand why all the sudden the music just plays faster. A lot of people on other forums are saying that it is because of old sterio head units but mine is built into a brand new Mazda 3 so there is no way it can be that. I still have yet to come up with a solution other than running a CPU intensive app while I'm playing music but it still hiccups all the time.

Journeyman

I gotta be honest, I have no idea, like I said before my problem is different than what you all are experiencing. I just posted that as a possible fix, because it has imporoved my experience and Mort, in my opinion is easier to use than the built-in player.

My suggestion (remember this doesn't apply to my situation, and keep in mind that it took Sprint around 6 months to release this update, another isn't coming out tomorrow):

If I were you I might try going to a Sprint store ...probably calling first so you can get a manager/supervisor on the line, and requesting (read demanding) a 1.5 replacement as the update has effectively broken your phone (as it no longer functions correctly the way that you use it ...worth a shot at least).

If you do so, please post back here so that other people in your position know the outcome and don't waste good money replacing an older but perfectly fine Bluetooth audio receiver.

Journeyman

Mine is a Mazda as well (2010 Mazdaspeed 3).  Worked in 1.5 but plays fast in 2.1

Journeyman

For the record, if either of you do attempt to have your headset replaced - I wouldn't go into too many details as they could use the specs they find on your car units to deny the replacement (I.E. Mazda may not adhere to the Bluetooth profile for streaming stereo audio). I would just tell them that you can no longer stream music to your Bluetooth devices.

Journeyman

I wonder if it is the Mazda's then? I haven't had the chance to try bluetooth streaming with a different head unit or headphones

Journeyman

Hmm... good point, thanks for the tip!

Journeyman

No problem, and maybe it is the Mazda (for your particular problem), but there is definitely something wrong with Sprint's release of Android 2.1 that has  had an adverse and negative effect (read broken) on Bluetooth connectivity.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat