cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Hero 2?

Highlighted
Journeyman

HTC Hero 2?

According to BG, Sprint maybe getting the Hero2...  "We have been told Sprint will be continuing their HTC Android tradition with the HTC Hero2. That device, will indeed be the HTC Legend, except it will apparently be slightly modified. Just like Sprint’s original HTC Hero was. Our contact hasn’t seen the device first hand so we can’t be sure what kind of changes are in store, though if history is any indicator, we don’t think a little more rounded and less edgy look would be outside the realm of possibility. We have no release timetable for the Sprint HTC Hero2 at this time."

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2010/02/23/att-picking-up-htc-desire-sprint-grabbing-htc-hero2/?utm_s...

16 REPLIES 16
Journeyman

Re: HTC Hero 2?

Android central is reporting it as rumor.  While att will get the desire.  Lets hope we get it

Journeyman

I hope it comes to Sprint too as long as they keep the aluminium casing, but only time will tell if this rumor is true.

Journeyman

The Legend did pass through the FCC today, however the labeling on the id tag clearly shows a slot for a sim card (which of course, Sprint doesnt use)  http://www.engadget.com/2010/02/23/htc-legend-clears-the-fcc/.  I also have to point out that thr "rumor mill" coming from boy genious report are usually unfouded. On the other hand, when Engadget, Mobilecrunch, or Gizmodo reports.....those rumors tend to materialize.

Journeyman

You make a good point... So that would mean it will be going to AT&T or T-Mobile... That sucks! I guess I'll give Sprint until June to announce great device before I jump ship.

Journeyman

It is true that Sprints handset lineup is severely lacking in comparison to the other major carriers, but I cant jump ship...at least until the others have comparable pricing plans. Though I am fortunate enough to afford it, I just cant make myself give AT&T or Verizon $x dollars extra for the same service just for a "better" phone. Hopefully a better selection will come in the following months.

Patron

If Sprint gets the Legend, it won't be much of a different phone from the Hero. A slightly better processor, but not all that much better (600MHz compared to the Hero's 528MHz), camera with flash, optical mouse instead of trackball, and probably proximity sensor. But those are just minor things. Once Hero gets 2.1, the two devices will be very similiar. Sprint needs to get a Nexus/Desire-like phone, not something like the Legend. 1GHz Snapdragon compared with the Hero's 528MHz... bigger screen... now that's what I call a big difference.

Journeyman

I'd expect Sprint's next top-end android phone to come right around August/September.  That's when most of the Hero users got their phones, and that's the time that most of them will be willing to upgrade.  Simple business sense, assuming I'm not missing some facts, which is entirely possible

Journeyman

Will Sprint's WiMax phones require a SIM card?

Journeyman

That is the only reason I have not left Sprint yet, but I am getting to that point were I am willing to pay an extra $50 for a family plan if I can get a evice that will not be out dated after 2-3 months.

Journeyman

I am not impressed with this phone. I am waiting for 1Ghz snapdragon. I am happy about the sprint announcement though Forbes about releasing their first Wimax devise before summer. I hope it is the supersonic,but I am only waiting because they gave me a little ray of sunshine to hold on to finally.

Journeyman

LOL and you guys forget, when we get this mystical phone, it will be release with HTC modified super Sense UI laden 2.1 O/S when 2.6 is about to be released.  Oh and the 2.6 super modified HTC O/S update will happen 6 or more months after that...  Hmmm can we say Hero, rinse, repeat?

Fubie
HTC Hero and Sprint
The Not Right Now Android Phone™   on   the Now Network™.

Unlike a certain battery powered bunny  who  keeps "Going and going and going..." the Hero keeps "Waiting and   waiting and waiting..."

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat