Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Hero - No email signature possible?

Highlighted
Journeyman

HTC Hero - No email signature possible?

I am in the process of looking into getting the new HTC Hero verses the HTC Touch Pro2.  I was advised the other day that within Hero's email, you do not have the ability to add an email signature line.  With my company, they require me to have a signature line with every email that I send.  Is this feature not available on this phone?  I have review a log of blogs and it appears that this is the way it is.  I find it HARD to belive that a company like Google would not have included this functionality in their email program.  Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated as this may be a deal breaker for me to get this phone or not.  Thanks...

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: HTC Hero - No email signature possible?

Signatures are available in both the gmail app and the HTC mail app for pop/imap/exchange.

Highlighted
Journeyman

In the mail app, hit (hardkey) menu->More->General settings, set Use signature to checked, click Signature to edit the signature. DOn't forget to add the two dashes on the left margin to makr this as a signature. Sprint's default signature does not do this, which is not proper Netiquette.

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Specifically:

Newline

dash dash space

words words words (76char limit

(four lines)

http://www.zrox.net/Mail/Signature/

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

Seriously?  I was told by Sprint salesperson as well as online blogs that HTC Hero did not have an email signature option.  I attempted to test the Sprint Store model, but very limited on functionality.  If you say this functionality is available, I will push the issue further with Sprint Sales people.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, let's see... I'd send you an e-mail, but my outbound e-mail isn't working (See my post!). My .sig looks great, though!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Definitely works.  I have mine set.

Highlighted
Journeyman

signature IS possible and IS on by default...  mine said something like (no dash-dash-space tho) 'Sent from my HTC hero on the Sprint network' for awhile...  once i realized it was there - i deleted the message and unset the use-sig option...  i was/do use the stock messaging apps (both mail and gmail)...

and afaict - the demo models should at least allow you to see/use all the features of the phone, so look for the hidden menu item somewhere under settings im sure (dont have phone on me at this exact second to tell you exactly where)...  gl, h

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat