cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Hero Software Enhancement to 1.56.651.2

Journeyman

Re: HTC Hero Software Enhancement to 1.56.651.2

Glad to see and update.  It has handed my phone back 25MB of memory taking me from 44MB lastnight to 69MB today.  I am also having the paid app problem.  LOL like I said in a thread a few days ago, they fix something and break something else...

I'm still curious where all of the memory has gone.  As near as I can tell with App Manager all of my installed apps are only taking 25MB of memory but it also reports only 159MB of memory available.  But the Hero's specs show it has 288MB of RAM... So what is the actual amount of the user available memory?  And are apps that are forced on us and the "system" really using around 2/3 of our memory?

Fubie

Journeyman

Even before I got the update, I had some trouble viewing & downloading pictures my buddy sent me from his Blackberry.  Sometimes he had to send the same picture twice to my Hero for me to be able to view it. The re-sent picture would push through the previous one & then I could finally see it.

As for video he took with his Blackberry phone, no problems. Before getting the update & was able to view the videos. After the update, I can't view videos via mms anymore.  I can't say that I am pleased with this. I still have some issues with not getting text messages in threaded format. For some contacts it works fine, others no.

I hard-reset my phone before getting the update & was please with the performance, except for the non-threaded text messaging, not being to download & view some pictures. I want my phone to be able to work with text/ mms, etc. I can't wait til the 2.0 update comes out.  Any thoughts on what I should do. I dont' have taskiller app on my phone, which many said cause problems for them. My phone is not rooted, it set to factory settings.

Journeyman

The big question that everyone wants to know: Will this effect Hero's that have been "rooted". Will they need to be re-rooted afterwards? What about the root-apps? What about 3rd party apps (ie, pdanet...)?

Will this update enable Bluetooth sync between PC and Phone? File sharing? How about the ability to save apps on a sim-card so as not to use up all the device memory???????

I'm not trying to be phesicious I really want to know (and so do alot of users...)

Journeyman

Just a quick note about mass-delete of contacts, if you do a one-way-sync, it will write-ove your courrent contacts file. Try it...

Journeyman

Thank you very much, Sarah. Yours, as well as the whole team's efforts are appreciated! Also, really appreciate the detailed info. on this update. I love my Hero more and more everyday, and with updates like these, what's not to love?!

Highlighted
Journeyman

slbailey1 wrote:

ASTRO does not backup paid applications.

Correction:   ASTRO may not backup *all* paid applications, but it certainly backs up some.   It will let you know which ones it can't.

Journeyman

New Bluetooth Issue after MR - Weird Problem Playing Music/Podcasts via B/T Speakers

Started a thread @ XDA to try and address this issue:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=586927

Here is the original post:

So the bluetooth ROM leak issue is definitely fixed. I can reboot the phone and it is still paired with my car, and I am able to make & receive calls perfectly.  However, when I try to play music or podcasts via the bluetooth speakers, absolutely nothing is heard. The music app/podcast player (BeyondPod) both show that they are playing, but nothing is heard. When I turn bluetooth off, both apps play their respective files perfectly through the phone speaker.

Whats REALLY weird is that when trying to play through bluetooth, they both are playing super fast i.e. for every second that passes in reality, the player says that it has played about 4 seconds (almost like its in fast forward).

Although its great that bluetooth can now pair perfectly and stay paired, Im now completely unable to play any media.

Would like to know if anyone else is experiencing this and/or has any ideas.

This is the ONLY issue I now have with the Hero and Im determined to get it sorted...

Thanks for all the help/comments

Journeyman

Astro will not backup My Backup Pro and Documents To Go Full - the two applications missing from my download list and the Android Market.

Message was edited by: slbailey1

Journeyman

Thank you. Really appreciate Sprint's efforts on releasing this update. Hope to see more updates including bug fixes and OS updates in near future especially fix for permanent lockout due to multiple Pattern unlock attempts. Wish we had good old enter a secret PIN option.

Journeyman

Unable to download OTA update, it gives me error code 1012; I've tried it every couple of hours to no avail..

anybody else having this issue?

Thanks!

aem

Journeyman

I'm also having the issue with Paid apps from Sprite and Dataviz going AWOL from the market post-upgrade.

Journeyman

I have also had issues with battery life, especially with GPS enabled, but that should come as no surprise.  But it does die a bit fast.  I might suggest better memory management.  When I exit programs sometimes, they don't seem to let go of the services and resources they have tapped.  Sometimes I will manually turn off my GPS and all other wireless services, but their icons still appear and my batt still dies quickly.  The only thing that seems to fix it is to shut it off and reboot.

I have not had time to check out all the improvments listed since I just dl'd it today, but I am feeling pretty positive based on what I am seeing other people say here, kudos...

As far as the question a few posts back about backing up your stuff, are you kidding?  If you have your device properly synced with you google services you don;t need to back up anything.  This OS is a prime example of googles attempt to make everything appear local, but it all is really happening on the web.  if you hero catches on fire, all you loose is what was on your micro SD (if you didn;t have it backed up somewhere else).  Get your new device, log into google, and everything's happy again (except for any apps you may have downloaded, and customizing you widgets and icons).

Neely Johns

HTC Hero - Everything Data

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat