cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Hero Text Message Question

Journeyman

HTC Hero Text Message Question

I have a HTC Hero and I have an issue with the texting.  My question is that when someone does send me a text my phone is locked and therefore the text doesn't come until ten minutes after it is sent.  Is that just the way the phone is or can I change it?

13 REPLIES 13
Journeyman

Re: HTC Hero Text Message Question

you can get Handcent for texts and disable notifications in your stock sms app, it works better and has awesome features and customization, like pop-up notification for example.

Journeyman

I've seen reports that the latest Handcent version has ads?  Is this true?  It's not listed in the latest release notes...  If so, I'll be looking into chomps as my messaging replacement.

Journeyman

True I haven't updated it for that same reason, but even with ads i think this app is superior to chomp since it resizes images for mms and chomp doesn't and as i said before handcent is the most customizable msm app out there.

Journeyman

Have you tried updating your Profile and PRL?  Settings > About Phone > System Updates.

Message was edited by: izzyks

Journeyman

How will handcent or chomp fix the problem of having a delayed text message?

Journeyman

The text delay is in Android 1.5 still.  Hopefully they will fix this issue in 2.1

Journeyman

I've noticed that the messaging lag when the phone is locked is mostly just the ringtone notification. My phone sometimes vibrate when the text is received but then when I unlock my phone it will then play the ringtone.

The new Handcent does have ads but they only show up under the settings menu so its really no big deal. Handcent is still definitely worth having!

Journeyman

eyebeam wrote:

I've seen reports that the latest Handcent version has ads?  Is this true?  It's not listed in the latest release notes...  If so, I'll be looking into chomps as my messaging replacement.

There's one small ad at the top of the Settings menu. Nowhere in the main app.

Journeyman

Um...chomp has resized images for mms ever since it got mms back in December...

I haven't used Handcent in forever since it was always laggy but ChompSMS is definitely snappy. Especially with the past couple updates.

Also, there's 1 ad in Chomp at the top of the settings page; I suppose the same with in Handcent. No big deal. How often do you change your settings?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm kinda having the same problem. With my settings in my text messages for vibrate when receiving text messages, it won't vibrate for them. Ive tried everything, restarting my phone, take the battery out, change the settings and turning on and off my phone. I even called HTC and they have no idea. You think the update 2.1 will fix or is just my phone?

Journeyman

You might want to try using a different messaging app to see if that fixes your problem. Vibration works well on my phone using Handcent. If thats the app you're currently using then maybe try going back to the stock messaging app.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat