cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Hero Won't Sync Calendar Anymore

Journeyman

My Hero won't sync the calendar anymore.  It has worked for ages but for the last couple of days it hasn't worked.  For a day or two it wasn't syncing at all.  Now any new appointment I put on my calendar will sync to my phone, but everything that is already on my calendar won't show up.  Any thoughts on what the heck is going on here?  Thanks for any help.

Tags (3)
19 REPLIES 19
Wizard

SOSHOOTER1,

Thanks for the post. When you access your "Accounts and Sync" menu within the "Settings" menu for Google, do you see any errors with syncing? Or is this a non-Google account that you're trying to sync?

Thanks for the post,

--William

Journeyman

No sir, no errors.  When I refresh it it is doing everything like it should showing that it is should and there are no errors, but the calendar doesn't update.

Journeyman

Re: HTC Hero Won't Sync Calendar Anymore

The same thing started happening for me yesterday evening.  All my gmail calendar events disappeared from my phone, but the US holiday events are still there. Any new events I add are syncing just fine, it's just the ones that were already there have vanished from the phone. Also I noticed editing the old events will make them sync to the phone again.

Journeyman

Same issue with my HTC Hero, and started yesterday evening also. My month view shows all the corner tabs indicating an event is there, but when I open up the day view there is nothing there. Interesting that all the US holiday events show up on my phone also, but none of the events that I manually entered.

Journeyman

Mine started yesterday morning and appears to be directly connected to my phone and not my Google account as my iPad is syncing my calendar just fine. I actually have had several issues with this phone and we are going up to Sprint to have them deal with it.

Mime also appears to have gotten progressively worse as the issue started as described above and then now I don't see any tabs or events at all. I've also tried restarting and resyncing it.

Journeyman

I just noticed this on my hero today. All google calendar entries missing from phone. I resynced. I even re-entered my google account in the phone. Checked the calendar on the computer and all entries are still there but won't show on the phone.

Journeyman

Has anyone found a solution to this yet?  I managed to get my contacts syncing better and the calendar always looks like it's syncing but all entries are still missing from display on the phone. As for others above, this has been only in the last few days.

Journeyman

I have the same issue. Started less than a week ago. I can add new events on my Hero and they quickly show up in Google calendar, but all existing events, both past and future in web-based Google calendar do not sync onto the Hero. Need help pronto! Going to meetings with paper copies of my calendar is not the tech image I wish to project.

Highlighted
Master

One of the things you can try is going to home.menu settings application manager all apps and scroll down to callander and delete cache and information and allow device to resync

Journeyman

IT WORKED!  BLESS YOUR PEA-PICKIN' HEART !!!!  YOU HAVE MADE MY DAY!  THANKS SO MUCH!

Journeyman

@14KNIGHT

I tried that. didn't work. also tried re-adding the google account to the phone (w/o deleting it first; it won't let you due to other application linkages to the gmail account). didn't work. also tried going into menu / manage applications / calendar storage and deleting data, then resyncing. didn't work

I think I'm down to saving calendar on computer as csv. then deleting calendar and re-creating it on computer, re-importing the csv. as a test (and a temporary alternate), I tried importing the csv into a new calendar name and selecting that for display on the phone, but i was getting an error on the google server which wouldn't do the import. Obviously I don't want to lose all my calendar entries, so it's better to be slow and methodical.

I'm anxious to hear of any safe quick fixes if someone stumbles across one.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat