ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Hero... is 65k colors a software or hardware limitation?

Go to solution
Journeyman

HTC Hero... is 65k colors a software or hardware limitation?

Anyone know if the HTC Hero HVGA TFT capacitive touch screen is capable of displaying more than 65k colors? Android 2.0 is capable of displaying 16M colors, all previous versions of Android could only support display of 65k colors. I hope that when we update to Android 2.0/2.1 that we find out that our displays are more capable than advertised, and that 65k colors was a software limitation and not a hardware limitation.

3 REPLIES 3
Wizard

Re: HTC Hero... is 65k colors a software or hardware limitation?

I have heard that it is a software limitation and not a hardware limitation.  The new Sony Ericcson Xperia that they have been giving out as demos is 65k colors only because it is still running v1.5.  Once it gets update to 2.0, then it will have 16 million colors.  So I wouldn't be surprised if when our Eclair gift arrives it will be coated in 16 million colors.

Journeyman

This IS a software limitation. 1.5 is only capable of 65k, the Hero per spec is capable of 262k color.

Message was edited by: MonkeyBrawler

Highlighted
Journeyman

Your right! Upon further research I have found that the screen is indeed 262k colors, says so on the HTC website. I can't wait to see this baby in it's full glory. 4x the color baby! It may not be the 16M that I was hoping for, but a improvement none-the-less.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat