cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Hero music download for ringtones, etc

Go to solution
Journeyman

HTC Hero music download for ringtones, etc

I need help. I LOVE my HTC Hero so far but I am having trouble downloading music from the internet on my phone. It does download but I don't know where it is going. How can I find the songs that I have downloaded to my phone? I am trying to make ringtones. Please help me. Thanks....

8 REPLIES 8
Journeyman

Re: HTC Hero music download for ringtones, etc

Try looking in music.  From the homepage click the arrow to show all programs and click music.  If you click the three lines on the left it should list all of your artists.  Mine showed up in a folder called unknown artists. Once I opened up one of the songs I clicked menu and set as ringtone.  This might help.

Journeyman

Download the application imusic is amazing you can download a lot of music and set it as your ringtone and if you prefer you can edit the song on ringdroid and set the ringtone is awesome i was really impress.

Journeyman

It downloads to the sd card.

~/download/

~Being the root of the sd card.

Journeyman

Thanks for your suggestion. That is exactly what I did and it has been working fine ever since.

Journeyman

What is iMusic and where can I find it?

Journeyman

I just got my HTC Hero and i love it but i still cant figure out the ringtone situation. I tried actually plugging the phone into the computer and followed the steps above but i still couldnt do it. I also was wondering if there is a way to put ringtones for txt msgs. If someone could give me any suggestions it would be great or tell me what you think im doing wrong when i hook it up to the computer.

Thanx

Message was edited by: LexNikki

Journeyman

Ringdroid is the absolute best for this. Its free on the market as others have said. Edit any music you have on your sd card and save it as a ringtone, notification sound (text,email,etc.) or alarm sound. To set a specific ringtone for texts only go to Messages->Menu->Settings. Check notifications and select a sound. If you use a different messaging app, it should be similar.

Journeyman

It worked great.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat