cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Hero problems

Highlighted
Journeyman

HTC Hero problems

Just got a Hero August 4.  Battery life sucks!  Put a full charge on yesterday (100% by 8:00 PM), powered off when I went to sleep about 11 PM. Used it for checking emails this am and by 10:00 AM the battery was at 50%!  What is up w/that?

Also, when I power back up the home screen changes.  HUH?  Is anyone else experiencing these problems?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: HTC Hero problems

14 hours on standby / light data use and you still had 50%?  That's pretty good - that'd indicate you'll get between 20 and 24 hours between charges.

The high end phones are constantly checking data, updating email, calendars, facebook, twitter, and more.  The Palm Pre gets around 8 to 12 hours; the Evo between 6 to 12 hours depending on settings.

You will have to charge the phone every day, or get a spare battery.  There are some good extended life batteries on the market from Seido and Mugen Power.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Highlighted
Journeyman

That was not 14 hours on stand by.  I had powered off @ 11 PM and did not power up again until 6 AM.

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Oh - so about 7 hours use, and the battery dropped to 50%.  Still not bad, although not as good as it could be.

If you search through the forums you'll see some tips - those include turning down your email refresh rate to once an hour, turning off WiFi and Bluetooth if you aren't using them, set the screen to go dark sooner rather than later, etc.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Highlighted

Can you tell me if I turn off Mobile Network when not using if that will lengthen the battery life? It seemed like it did in 1.5 but no so in 2.1. Thanks

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat