cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Hero vs. iPhone

Highlighted
Journeyman

HTC Hero vs. iPhone

So, I really like what I'm seeing about the Hero and a friend of mine wanted me to explain why I think it's better than the iPhone. Of course there's Flash support, the fact that it runs on Sprint, and the Hero running Android, but these things didn't seem to impress my friend (who has been with AT&T for a long time and might just be having a love affair with the iPhone). I guess I wanted to start a discussion about the Hero vs. the iPhone. Which one is better? Why? What are the implications of Flash support? Why is Android a big deal?

45 REPLIES 45
Highlighted
Journeyman

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee166/puffyfish50/PissonApple.jpg

Need I say more?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah I dont play games, but I know many pro/reg. gamers.

Trackballs (( break or get gummed up in my experience.))

Hero's software keyboard has enlarged letters and better autocorrection/suggestions than iphone ((Cool. I will look a little closer at this.))

Physical buttons are a plus and makes it easier to navigate the menus/quickly customize the settings, (( I just dont see a point to having more buttons than needed. a lot of them do the same/similar thing. It is personal preference.))

Android SDK is the most complete I've seen and openly available... ((((Awesome)))))

it uses standard mini-usb connection (well, HTC bump on it, but standard ones fit just fine), ((O.K.))

check out www.androlib.com = unofficial desktop app portal...no google didn't release a full desktop market to browse yet. ((Cool Thanks!))

Droid, is a phone for Verizon, not the operating system. Yeah it is, I was shortening the name I apologias if I offended you.j,

Google doesn't interfere at all with apps that people make for Android, they do however remove malicious ones after the users have spoken.

((Nice I am glad they keep it safe for younger audience. ))

1. Do you have a comment on Tethering rather it should be a feature of the phone or a service that we pay for "the phone already gets internet"

2. Syncing to iCal, Address Book, Mail, My iTunes Library and etc.... < Can it do this with out additional purchased software.

3. I saw even though it supports flash the hero doesn't do HULU?

Android is nice, I like that it is based on standards more like a Macintosh with Unix.

Android anyone can develop hardware for it. could be a problem. I am american I dont want to relearn how to use a phone every one or two years unless its easier or takes away a step to A, B or C.

iPhone is not a fad cell phone

Cell phone companies hate that Apple wants it to be there way and not theirs. Look how Verizon is acting ether they got a contract with apple and they are starting the push for iPhone business or they are upset that V-cast isn't the main feature on the phone.

Sprint just is sitting back I don’t see them really trying to get the iPhone or to be more mac friendly. Sprint has about one year to get the iPhone if I am to stay a customer and my family has been with them over 14years. I like the palm but I need more apps and they didn’t use the Key board I recommended in the design.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Apple and Google have been working together with cell phones sense 2002-3.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Half the posts here have horrible grammar. It's like reading encrypted material. I have to read some of them 2 or 3 times before I know what the poster means.

OH yeah, Hero rules. For those who don't like it, your just looking for what you think is the perfect phone. Doesn't exist, never will.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@rolue

With all due respect, you made a grammatical error in your last message.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am not a writer. thank you feel free to act like an editor and send me suggestions. Be happy most of the words are spelled right. lol

Highlighted
Journeyman

i'll just say this, if i had left sprint and went to at&t and got an iphone i would totally be bored with the phone by now. with all the customizations i can do I am NEVER BORED!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I guess, I dont see a phone as a toy. I need a phone that can sync to my computer (Address Book, iCal ect....)

a Large High res screen, Has a simple Credit Card app, Tether to my computer as a feature of the phone rather than a service I have to pay for. And a couple of more things like Well built, minimal mechanical parts (Less to Break). Simple to use........

Patrick

Highlighted
Journeyman

The iPhone 3Gs is *so much faster* than the Hero or even the Droid. That's thanks in large part to the total lack of actual multitasking on the iPhone's part, but it's still quite impressive.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Street maps on the Hero are excellent. Look, act, and feel just like they do on your computer. One really neat feature is, if you put a street address into your phone book, it'll automatically put a 'FIND' button on there. Click the find button and it'll ask if you want to Google it or get the driving directions. With the driving directions, it becomes your GPS navigator, with the Google Maps, you can view it exactly like as if you had typed the address into Google Maps on your home computer. To cool!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat