cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Hero will not ring

Highlighted
Journeyman

HTC Hero will not ring

My hero will not ring. Ive checked all settings and even deleted thrid party apps to see if that was a problem. My text alert will not sound either. I cannot play my music either.. help??

Maybe my external speaker?

Phone will vibrate only on incoming calls, not texts. My email alert does not sound either. I can hear people when they call but cannot put it on speaker phone, it doesnt work.

6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: HTC Hero will not ring

OK, update!

I took my phone to sprint. they got me another one and said mine was fried. I got a new Hero of course, and it vibrated for texts one time. It still will not work! This is really starting to annoy me!!!

Journeyman

Didn't the Sprint store test the new one before giving it to you?

Assume you've double checked your system sound and notification settings to ensure that everything is set properly?

Here's a test to force the phone to ring...

1. Go to Android Market and download and install "Where's My Droid" app.

Once installed, send a text message from a friend's phone which has the "Attention Word" in the SMS message.

Once received by your phone, Where's My Droid will turn the volume on your phone to 100% and "should" ring.

If it rings, there's a setting somewhere you need to fix. 

If it doesn't ring, report back!

Journeyman

Ok, my new phone does ring. I just cant get my texts to vibrate still. I had this problem on the old phone too. Ive tried setting the entire phone to vibrate, changing only the text alert to vibrate. Nothing works. I only get the LED notification when I do not have a sound alert set.

Master

Download "Sound Manager" from the market, It's been reported it fixes it. Once adjusted and vibrating again you can uninstall the app if you wish.

Journeyman

Mine seems to automatically turn off sound.  can't hear rings, notifications, etc.  frustrating as i bought it to be able to keep in better contact with my daughter's oncologist and i miss calls regularly from him.  making me look like a loser mom who gets voicemails super late (due to non-notification).  have tried the sound settings, taking out battery and starting over, special notifications from that particular individual, nothing works.  i loathe this phone and fear i'm stuck with it as they sent it to me as a replacement for the astronimically horrific moment (which had to be replaced 3 times!!!!).  is sprint EVER getting the i-phone????

Message was edited by: BATMALE6

Journeyman

OK.. I have found the best app for texts to vibrate.. its Smart Vibrator. Works perfectly. My Hero will still not vib on texts alone, have to have the app to do it.. Thanks for all your help guys..

I did try to sound manager.. didnt do as well...

thanks

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat