cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Sync and Vista issue

Journeyman

HTC Sync and Vista issue

Ok, I'm new here, so bear with me.

I purchased my Hero in December and have never sync'd it to my computer for reasons unknown. I guess it wasn't that important.

Last night, I tried to download the sync program onto my computer with Vista. I have Comodo Internet Security and everytime it would pop up to allow, I'd hit allow. Finally it looked like everything had gone through alright. Except that Sync popped up, saying disconnected and wouldn't connect, no matter what I did. Then I turned to the web to see if I could find the answer... Except the web won't connect either. I tried restarting the computer, modem, router, and modem from Comcast. Still not working. My husband plays Xbox live and he had no issues with the internet at all. Both the xbox and computer are hard wired to the router. This morning, I called Comcast tech support, and they didn't find anything on their end. They suggested I do a system restore but that didn't work either.

I wasn't sure if anyone else had run into this issue as I can't find anything similar online... Please help!

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: HTC Sync and Vista issue

Not sure if this will help but some programs will suggest disabling any anti-virus, firewall and anti-spyware programs before downloading and installing as they could cause issues with proper installation.  I have Vista also and run Norton Internet Security.  What I usually do is disable Norton, download and install the program and then enable Norton and run a quick scan.

Message was edited by: redeagle28

Journeyman

Re: HTC Sync and Vista issue

Thanks! I thought I had it disabled and I feel like a total idiot. When it was installing the program, something tripped the settings in my anti-virus protection and firewall. Once I reset the settings, life was good.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat