cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Sync won't recognize my Sprint HTC Hero after updating Sync

SOLVED
Journeyman

HTC Sync won't recognize my Sprint HTC Hero after updating Sync

I keep getting notifications that my HTC SYNC is not up to date so I updated my sync from 3.0.5579 to 3.2.10 to get rid of the notifications but now that I have 3.2.10 installed it won't recognize my HTC Hero any more. On my PC it say No Device Connected. And on my Sprint HTC Hero it say Unable to find HTC Sync on your PC please make sure that HTC Sync is installed and opened on your computer. What am I doing wrong ? I can't seem to use HTC Sync anymore now that it is up to date

4 REPLIES
Master

Re: HTC Sync won't recognize my Sprint HTC Hero after updating Sync

Sorry for the inconvenience. First off all just  uninstall the HTC Sync SW from your PC and reboot y... when you download HTC Sync SW make sure that your phone is not attached to pc otherwise it will not install device drivers. Then next step you  would need to make sure that your phone is in USB debugging mode first as well.  To do that, go to Menu, Settings, Applications, Development and put a check in the USB Debugging mode option.  Reconnect your phone. Should work fine. Let know.

Thanks

Ane

Journeyman

It still didn't work am I supposed to disregard the upgrade after I install 3.0.5579 in order for it to work as expected ?

I didn't plug my phone in until it installed the HTC Sync from the link above and then shortly after that i click the notifcation that pop up shortly after that which say " update is available" so I click it and install the update and then when it was finished I put my phone in USB debug mode and connected my phone and still it didnt recognize my phone.

Journeyman

I guess no one has an answer for this question I just ignore the update notifications that pop up everytime Sync start up

Highlighted
Master

EMMAN0702 -Try this solution and let me know.

First download the HTC sync tool here:

http://www.htc.com/www/SupportViewNews.aspx?dl_id=631&news_id=270

After it installs, you might have trouble where your PC does not recognize the Hero, and shows disconnected.  In order to workaround that issue (which I myself encountered at first), I did the following:

Make sure Hero is not hooked up via USB yet.

1. installed the latest htc sync tool in my desktop, and left it running.
2. went to this folder: C:\Program Files\HTC\HTC Driver\Driver Files\XP_x86
3. right clicked on androidusb.inf, and htcrndis.inf, and clicked on ‘install’ for each one, one at a time.
4. Plugged in my Hero, and it recognized. If this doesn’t work, try turning off phone, and turning it back on again while plugged in.

Abe

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.