cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Sync won't sync with Sprint HTC Hero

Highlighted
Journeyman

HTC Sync won't sync with Sprint HTC Hero

I am having problems syncing my HTC Hero to my computer. I have only managed to successfully sync it once in October of last year running Windows XP.

My current operating system is Windows 7 (32-bit).

I try to plug my phone in via USB, and my computer recognizes it, but HTC Sync does not. It will not pop up when plugged in. I downloaded the newest version (2.0.33) and still no luck. I have disabled my avast! antivirus software and my Panda USB-vaccine program, but still nothing.

Please, I would love any help.

-Fredi.

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: HTC Sync won't sync with Sprint HTC Hero

At least you were able to download the HTC Sync to your pc. I have been downloading for over an hour and it is still only on 4 meg out of 38. I don't know why it is taking so long but I am about to give up. It could be because everyone is trying to download it all at the same time so the site may be bogged down, I don't know, but I can't download the update until I get the updated sync software on the pc first.

Journeyman

Re: HTC Sync won't sync with Sprint HTC Hero

My guess is you are downloading from the HTC site. Cancel that download and find it on Softpedia. They have a mirror of HTC Sync, the current version.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/HTC-Sync-2-0-33-Available-for-Download-140018.shtml

Download it from there, it will go by faster.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat