Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUGE BUG - cause phone to restart every time!

Highlighted
Patron

HUGE BUG - cause phone to restart every time!

So today, I was driving around and waiting to meet up with someone. I got on Google Maps and searched for "donuts" and after typing it, I clicked the hourglass button next to the search bar to proceed in searching for nearby donut shops. HOWEVER, I accidently clicked the microphone button next to it. Which is not what I was trying to do, I was trying to tap the hourglass/search icon. So I proceeded in clicking the back button to get out, and when it didnt work, I tried the home button, and when that didn't work, the endcall button. Then the phone restarted. Upon rebooting, I got a notification saying "AudioManager" was having problems or something and needed to be force closed.

I came home just now and tried to replicate the problem, and sure enough, the same exact thing happened.

CAN ANYONE ELSE REPLICATE THIS?

If so, I really think this should be fixed!

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: HUGE BUG - cause phone to restart every time!

I tried, cant seem to reproduce it..

1) tapped Google Maps

2) clicked search button

3) Typed "Donuts"

4) tapped microphone

5) clicked the back button (i tried it while the mic app was loading and after it fully loaded)

Brought me back to maps fine.

PRI: 1.68_003

Build: Sep 25, 2009

Highlighted
Patron

Hmm. I'm sure my phone is suffering from the whole AudioManager shutting down unexpectingly or something. Can someone shed some light one that for me? What is AudioManager?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I can not recreate this. Have you downloaded any audio applications that could be trying to override the stock HTC audio manager? Even a calendar or notes application with a voice recorder? If the issue continues to occur and you cannot identify the offending application a hard reset should fix you up. Just keep in mind a hard reset will cause you to lose all your data.

Highlighted
Patron

Wireless.O.G. wrote:

I can not recreate this. Have you downloaded any audio applications that could be trying to override the stock HTC audio manager? Even a calendar or notes application with a voice recorder? If the issue continues to occur and you cannot identify the offending application a hard reset should fix you up. Just keep in mind a hard reset will cause you to lose all your data.

Nope, never installed anything like that. Got no reason why the "AudioManager" of my phone is acting up.

How do I hard-reset?

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat