cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Headset Jack Not Working

Highlighted
Journeyman

Headset Jack Not Working

Sometime today, my Hero's headset jack stopped working.  When I plugged in set of headphones, the music/tv/etc just played out of the rear speaker.  I tried a couple of different pairs or headsets and nothing worked.  I saw on another thread about a widget, Headset Toggle Widget, that was supposed to fix the mono/stereo problem.  I installed this widget and when I toggled through the three settings, my headphones worked.  When I unplugged them, it still showed the headset icon in the notification bar.  The music would not play through the rear speaker unless I toggled to another setting using the widget.

Anyone else see anything like this?

6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: Headset Jack Not Working

Having the same issue here. Phone only produces sound through the headphones - speaker on handset does not do anything. Alarm clock, notification, and ringer sounds are all muted. Tried downloading Toggle Headset and still does not work properly. I read elsewhere that there is a microswitch in the jack that switches it to headphone mode when you plug in and sometimes that can get stuck on the headset setting.

Let me know if you hear of a fix....dont want to deal with the store technicians.

Journeyman

That's wierd.. sounds like a short... mine seems to work fine.. knock on wood

Journeyman

i'm having the exact problem. i plugged in some headphones in which it worked for like 20 min, but didn't work after that. not sure what the problem is but i've only had this phone since January! not happy.....

Journeyman

The same thing happened to me. My Hero's internal speaker works but it now does not recognize my headphones or external speaker. All of a sudden. My headphones checked out fine on my wife's Hero. Anybody found an answer to this yet?

repost: I called Sprint and it was fixed by pulling out the battery for 5 mins and rebooting. This worked perfectly and none of my other phone settings were reset.

Message was edited by: kewilliams10

Journeyman

This worked for me too....my headphone would not work..took out the battery also for about 5 mintues and it worked fine after that.

Journeyman

I took your suggestion, and it worked.  Then I remembered that many of these portable devices (notably, the Stiletto 2 for Sirius) often get stuck in one application or another.  Simply remove the battery for a couple of minutes, and the system reboots without loosing any information, stored songs, contacts, etc.  Just like shutting off a laptop by pressing the power button, whatever is "hanging" on these things gets "unhung" and returns to normal.  Kudos to you and the Sprint Help team!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat