cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help on Hotmail sync issues, Weather radar animation, and Facebook touch sync...

Journeyman

Help on Hotmail sync issues, Weather radar animation, and Facebook touch sync...

I love my Hero so far and all it can do but was wondering if anyone had some of the same issues I did. If so, have you found a fix? Or have any info?

1) My hotmail isn't syncing quite right. All my emails show up fine on my Hero. But when I read an email on my Hero, it will continue to show up as unread online on my computer. Also, when I delete an email online on my computer, it will not delete the email from my Hero. No matter how many times I refresh my Hero or the online account these issues don't clear up. I have even tried deleting the accout and reinstalling and also power off and on. My first generation Instinct didn't have these issues.

2)  I have a couple mobile websites I use to check out the current animated weather radar (i.e. see which way the storms are moving instead of a static image). On my Hero when I go to these sites, I only get a static image no matter how many times I hit animate. My Instinct and the Blackberry Tour could/can view the animation on these sites with no problem.

3) When I go to the Facebook touch site (which is the one that comes preloaded inthe bookmarks) it shows data that isn't always current. And when I try and tap older posts, I get a repeat of what is already on the screen show up.

Does anybody have any tips?

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: Help on Hotmail sync issues, Weather radar animation, and Facebook touch sync...

I am having the same issue with my HTC hero. these are the only issues i have so far with the phone. The hotmail issue is rather annoying. i wish someone could help. please post a reply. i have been searching forums and blogs but no answer.

Journeyman

Re: Help on Hotmail sync issues, Weather radar animation, and Facebook touch sync...

I had this issue as well but all you have to do is go to your gmail account or set one up and have the hotmail route through there.  It will delete all the hotmail by forwarding it to your gmail box.  This will also allow you to either respond with your hotmail account if you like or the gmail account it is just a setting within the gmail account.  If you have any questions please let me know zh2os@hotmail.com.

Journeyman

had this issue as well but all you have to do is go to your gmail account or set one up and have the hotmail route through there.  It will delete all the hotmail by forwarding it to your gmail box.  This will also allow you to either respond with your hotmail account if you like or the gmail account it is just a setting within the gmail account.  If you have any questions please let me know zh2os@hotmail.com.

Journeyman

I'm having the exact same issues with my Hotmail sync and my Facebook. I attempted to do as you suggested, forward my hotmail emails to my gmail account. However, this is what comes up when I do:

Forwarding
You can forward your mail to one other e-mail address that ends in hotmail.com, msn.com, live.com, or is part of Windows Live Custom Domains.
Journeyman

You might need to search around the market for an app that will give you animated radar.  One that I found was MyCast by Garmin which is imo probably the best one but my understanding is it comes with a monthly fee of $3.99.  The best way to fix the FB problem is to get the Facebook by Facebook app from the market, works better then the preinstalled bookmark anyway as far as I'm concerned.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat