cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hero Firmware upgrade to 2 or 2.1 - When

Highlighted

Re: Hero Firmware upgrade to 2 or 2.1 - When

I'm with ya on that one. I've got ten more days before my one month back with Sprint and if I don't have an exact date before my month is up, then I will drop Sprint and go with the droid. This is complete nonsense to keep customers hanging like this. If rooting wouldn't void my warranty I would update it myself.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I see now why Sprint was reluctant to carry any Android phones. They cant handle an open source platform designed to be upgraded and get it out on time--if ever. They saw this coming and didnt want to get caught looking unprepared, but everyone else was moving towards Android and so they felt compelled to join in. Now they are stuck looking unprepared and pissing off their customer base. I'm glad I bought my phone out right. I still have the option to either root my phone or leave and get a 2.1 phone elsewhere. Too bad too. I've been with Sprint for many years and I think they really want to turn things around. Actions speak louder than words however. I think Leo Leporte was right though. He said in TWIG 34 that Sprint was an "also ran" of cellular carriers.

Highlighted
Journeyman

LOL.  I guess I was a trail blazer after all...

Where the sig with pride...

Fubie
HTC Hero and Sprint

The Not Right  Now Red Headed Step Child Android Phone™ on the Now Network™.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I don't know if this is B.S. or if this is actually true.  I'm tired of all the posts about this date and that date.  The way I see it, the last call I had with HTCs Technical support said it was going to be the 9th of April.  From the Tweet posted below, IMO Sprints official word and that would mean the 9th would fall right into time frame.  From the 10th on you are now Mid-Month and that is not living up to the expectation you set forth.  Not to mention there hasn't been another Tweet or other notification to say otherwise.

Android update! Upgrades to 2.1 for Hero/Moment  now expected early 2Q10. Currently working through options for upgrades  w/ HTC and Samsung.

If they do send out a notice with a week to go to this date; then I think it's time to start recommending to anyone thinking about switching to Sprint to think otherwise.  I don't care if Sprints competitors plans are Higher or coverage is not the same.  I don't do business with a company who can't be honest with it's customers.  If you set an expectation to your customers, you either deliver on that expectation or you provide a reason why it's not going to be delivered at the expected delivery time frame.  Not this Lack of communication approach that Sprint has taken.

I've said it before and will say it one more time.  I'm all for waiting because they are working to clear problems up.  But IMO; "Put up or Shut Up!" If you can't deliver on what you promised everyone; then you shouldn't have set the expectation to begin with.  In any corporate business if you don't deliver by the date set, then "You Will Loss Business" because of it or you have to cut costs of you product to keep the customer happy.  Otherwise your customers will find a new company to deal with.  The same applies to us as well.  We are Sprints customers and they should deliver upon the expectations set forth.  Its not like those of use who have a Hero or Moment; who just purchased them when they came out, will be able to run out and upgrade to the new EVO.  We would have to pay full price for the equipment, even if you are a Premier customer and can upgrade every year.  That's just unacceptable.

I think y'all get the point and it's purely my opinion.  If this actually makes it up the chain in Sprint then they are free to contact me.

Journeyman

I could not have said it better, friend.

I agree with your 'put up or shutup' philosophy.  Hopefully, the threads from all of these disgruntled Sprint customers will open their eyes.  Things like this are why Sprint will never be better than 3rd best.  Low prices don't mean anything if they can't keep their word to their customers.

LET US BE HEARD!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I don't know where eveybody is getting their timeframes but early second quarter is at the end of april. If you guys just want to complain there is a rants and raves section. Early second quarter is anywhere between april 1st and april 30th. mid 2nd quarter is may and late second quarter is june but if it takes that long you might as well wait for the beast EVO 4g.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yup Im waiting

Highlighted
Journeyman

It is interesting that people are taking the twitter status to mean a promise of early 2Q2010.  We also have the posting on here somewhere where it says "on Pace", which is not a promise of early 2Q2010 in any way.  Just keep that in mind, and if you're lucky Sprint will soon have another TOS change that lets you bolt without an ETF for those so inclined.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Where is all this rage coming from?

I have a hero and 1.5 seems to work just fine. Is there some major issue that is causing the phone not to work just because it's not on Android 2.1?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Where is all this rage coming from?

I have a hero and 1.5 seems to work just fine. Is there some major issue that is causing the phone not to work just because it's not on Android 2.1?

Ring lag, Marketplace, YOU TUBE,  volume issues, alarm issues,  CDMA being shoehorned into a GSM OS etc. etc. etc...

You know what?  I think I know where the rage is coming from.  Because I pay attention to REAL LIFE, rather than thinking "If my new toy is O.K., then everyone else is wrong."  The problems are there,  even though I don't see them;  I'd just rather get the update so that I DON'T see them.

Follow the discussions.  The 'rage' is easy to see if you just open your eyes...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Forget it, centauress... it's Herotown.

Highlighted
Journeyman

If there is any light at the end of the tunnel for Hero owners, it may be good to know that HTC has announced the roll out of 2.1 on European Hero handsets starting April 16th according to an article found here: http://www.feelandroid.com/2010/04/android-2-1-dated-for-htc-hero/ No word on US Hero owners nor anything for Moment owners either. But if the european phones are getting it on the 16th, then Sprint Hero owners cant be far behind.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat