cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hero Firmware upgrade to 2 or 2.1 - When

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Hero Firmware upgrade to 2 or 2.1 - When

The best place to go is http://xda-developers.com ... Read through the forums for the G2 Hero CDMA version.

http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?pagename=CDMA%20Hero%20Guides

If you go there and click the link for the guide to How to Root the Sprint CDMA Hero (Windows) it will give you step by step instructions for rooting. I followed that and then in the forums I flashed the DamageControl 2.06 rom. I had the 2.05 one but just updated to 2.06 today which is supposedly another leak from sprint just in the last day or so.

For what it's worth, this works awesome. I've had only one issue and that's some of the newer apps are not showing in the market, but people have fixed it I just haven't bothered to try to fix it myself yet. Supposedly this 2.06 rom has the fix baked in, but I can't confirm that yet.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you! I will attempt this tonight, I'll cross my fingers that I don't brick my phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Look on XDA for Toast, I think his kitchen has an auto rooter.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I give you all the stars, if Sprint could get all of us speaking highly of their handset support (by doing the job more efficiently, not by the bend over and take it posters trying to shush complainers) I'm willing to bet all the customer churn, profit loss and talks of buyout/mergers would do an "about-face". As tight as their budgets may be, I'm sure they can squeeze out a couple of bucks to pay a handful of these guys n gals out here hacking and modding these leaked ROMs with what seems to be a lot more success than their internal staff and get it done right.

Just go right to their page profile, site or whatever, drop them a message inviting them to come by on a contractual basis and help move this upgrade along...and maybe even help out on some future projects...help Sprint get ahead of the curve successfully, let some other carrier be dead last and unimpressive for a change. For goodness sakes, there are 3rd partry/freelance developers or even just mods/hackers making far more head way with your customers than you...take advantage Sprint, get these folks on your team. Turn your critics into your supporters.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Now don't hold me to this but I just saw this and looks like it's a confirmed posting since even USA Today has it on their site as well..

HTC apologises for Android 2.1 Hero delay

http://content.usatoday.com/topics/article/Brands/Consumer+Products/Android/0cyPf012ZRaud/1 -This is the USA Today link

Now who's really to blame for all this?  Who knows!  I just wish both companies were straight with everyone to begin with and would have quashed most of the rumors as they were being reported.  Not by just individuals but by other web sites that everyone gets most of their information from.  i.e.. Android Forums, Tech Radar, HTC's forums, etc..  It is what it is now but looks like we will have an even longer wait to get the update.  I just find it amazing like others have said, that a small band of individuals can get a leaked version of their update working while they can't get it done!  Again like I said it is what it is.

Highlighted
Journeyman

jsheridan71 wrote:

Now don't hold me to this but I just saw this and looks like it's a confirmed posting since even USA Today has it on their site as well..

HTC apologises for Android 2.1 Hero delay

http://content.usatoday.com/topics/article/Brands/Consumer+Products/Android/0cyPf012ZRaud/1 -This is the USA Today link

Now who's really to blame for all this?  Who knows!  I just wish both companies were straight with everyone to begin with and would have quashed most of the rumors as they were being reported.  Not by just individuals but by other web sites that everyone gets most of their information from.  i.e.. Android Forums, Tech Radar, HTC's forums, etc..  It is what it is now but looks like we will have an even longer wait to get the update.  I just find it amazing like others have said, that a small band of individuals can get a leaked version of their update working while they can't get it done!  Again like I said it is what it is.

That's not the USA Today, that's a TechRadar article. They make no mention of where this apology was made, or to whom it was made. I think it's on the coattails of their recently-announced delay in bringing the European GSM version out.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Jonnythan518 - That link takes you to USA which takes you to Tech Radar.  I'm just showing that USA has even mentioned it as well.  That's what I'm showing.

Highlighted
Journeyman

NotReady4PrimeTime wrote:

Look on XDA for Toast, I think his kitchen has an auto rooter.

Actually the Kitchen is by Flipz. Lots of info on XDA and on Flipz website http://geekfor.me/

Highlighted
Journeyman

jsheridan71 wrote:

Jonnythan518 - That link takes you to USA which takes you to Tech Radar.  I'm just showing that USA has even mentioned it as well.  That's what I'm showing.

USA Today hasn't mentioned it. It's just a link from their "From the web" page that's actually just a stream of links provided by DailyLife.com, a content aggregator.

This is why it's important to know where your information is coming from.

Highlighted
Journeyman

K well here is my question back when sprint twitted all this 2.0 or 2.1 android update stuff they closed with more information in APRIL well its the 29th and still nothing and tommorow is the last day of APRIL so what im thinking is that it is pushed back to may but whats going to happen is that it will get pushed back again. I have talked to several tech supports reps customer service reps and they have all gave different dates,now we all know that its coming but no one not even HTC or Microsoft which is now kinda in a partnership with HTC knows when its going to be released and yes i have contacted HTC about it as well.So Most of the time sprint customer supp and tech supp knows within 1 to 2 months when something is going to happen and guess what the update is not even in the systems they look up and the tier 3 tech suppport says that 90% of the reps us the internet to get there info if it isnot in there system so they know as much as we do hear say.

Highlighted
Journeyman

cookies2178 wrote:

K well here is my question back when sprint twitted all this 2.0 or 2.1 android update stuff they closed with more information in APRIL well its the 29th and still nothing and tommorow is the last day of APRIL

Sprint never said anything about April.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am sry it was a blogger stating this but i did contact sprint and they said it was HTC delaying the update so most likely we wont see it until june or july according to sprint rep after she contacted HTC

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat