cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hero Newbie here..gmail and hotmail notifacation (quick?)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hero Newbie here..gmail and hotmail notifacation (quick?)

Sorry if asked before, I am a new hero owner who came from a mytouch. With tmobile my gmail had its own icon and I was notified immediatly when messages came in and hotmail was used through the messaging or k-9 app and I could set up as quick as 5 min. I have tried numerous times to set up the same but will not work, I get messages and once in a while I will get notifacation within 30 min, but both are set up through messaging for 5 min intervals??? Can anyone recommend the best way/apps to get  gmail and hotmail notifacations ASAP !!!

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Wizard

Re: Hero Newbie here..gmail and hotmail notifacation (quick?)

Gmail does have its own icon/app - it's a red envelope icon and is actually called Gmail. After setting up your Gmail there you should be able to get instant notification of new messages. Hot mail would have to be set up using the normal Mail app. As you said you should be able to make it check however often you want, but keep in mind this could negativly affect your battery life.

You can set up your gmail account to check/forward your messages from hotmail to gmail if you want. This is how I did one of my accounts I don't want to use anymore and it seems to deliver the messages pretty quickly.

Wizard

Re: Hero Newbie here..gmail and hotmail notification (quick?)

patrickagarcia wrote:

Sorry if asked before, I am a new hero owner who came from a mytouch. With tmobile my gmail had its own icon and I was notified immediatly when messages came in and hotmail was used through the messaging or k-9 app and I could set up as quick as 5 min. I have tried numerous times to set up the same but will not work, I get messages and once in a while I will get notifacation within 30 min, but both are set up through messaging for 5 min intervals??? Can anyone recommend the best way/apps to get  gmail and hotmail notifacations ASAP !!!

Thanks

That's odd, my gmail shows up immediately....sometimes faster than my computer sitting right in front of me!  The Hotmail should be easy to set up through the "Mail" client as suggested and the gmail icon as suggested already as well should be easy to find in your application tray.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat