ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hero and Yahoo

Journeyman

Hero and Yahoo

I set up my Yahoo Acct. on Hero, worked fine. Now when I go to Mail, Yahoo acct is there, but if I hit refresh says "login failed". Yet when I go to Yahoo Mail on my PC, I have new messages??? This is the second time this has occurred, the first time it just righted itself. How do I delete the account to start over???

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: Hero and Yahoo

Same thing has been happening to me. 

Sorry I can't offer any help.  But, figured I should let you know you aren't the only one this is happening to.

Journeyman

This is not a Hero issue, it is a Yahoo issue. There are many times when setting up Yahoo Mail on customer's One-Click phones, Palm Pres, Blackberrys, and Windows Mobile phones this has happened. The customer insists they have the correct login information, however the phone tells us something different. I have found that customers enrolled in Yahoo Plus do not have these problems. Personally I use Gmail and left Yahoo many moons ago. I would suggest the same for everyone.

More info on Yahoo Plus Here.

Plus if you use Gmail you can store all your contacts on Gmail, setup pictures through Gmail for your contacts, and if you do ever have to hard reset your device it will all come back down from Gmail without you have to back up through side-loading. Gmail can also manage multiple calendars and all this syncs with the Hero and Palm Pre (among other phones).

Journeyman

Same issue here. Normally, my yahoo works fine during the day, but fails to log in at night. And the thing is, my yahoo account is my main account which handles everything I'm registered to. Only thing I have on my gmail account is my contacts. Maybe I'll go through one day and switch it out.

Journeyman

First and foremost, I would like to thank those who have responded. I don't know what I did, basically just followed the menu for adding a new account, and finally it allowed me access to my Yahoo account. However it would not download any mail to my phone. Continued to say no mail. I would hit refresh and the sync symbol would start and then would time out with no mail. I then stumbled across: While in mail..menu\more\settings\Send and Receive\Mail Size\Limit...mine was set to 5k. Why????? No clue! Changed it to No Limit...Bingo I got Mail.Don't know why it all of a sudden allowed my sign on to work, don't know why limit was set to 5k. That being said it now is working....but tomorrow??????????

Message was edited by: kyoatey

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat