cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hero owners Unite..... Boycott the EVO

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hero owners Unite..... Boycott the EVO

Ok, we are all pissed aboutt this 2.1 update that seems to never want to arrive. So what do we do about it? We complain in the fourms, we send in emails and make phone calls. It gets us nowhere. What can we do?????????? Boycott the EVO. If you are a current Sprint customer and are pissed off about the lack of communication and the apparent lack of concern on Sprints part, then join me in a boycot of the EVO.

I have seen a lot of people say they are not worried about the 2.1 update because they are just going to buy the EVO when it comes out. Why????? Do you not realize that you are going to left out to dry when it comes time to get the 2.2 update that will be rolling out just as the EVO is released? Why would you want to reward Sprint and HTC? If you think that you are giong to get better support with the EVO then you are just fooling yourself. Dont buy the EVO until they have updated the Hero. Even if they do update the Hero, dont buy the EVO until it has 2.2 on it. That is the only way Sprint and HTC will ever do a better job.

39 REPLIES 39
Wizard

Re: Hero owners Unite..... Boycott the EVO

I really don't know what you are trying to accomplish here.

Hero is not the only HTC phone waiting for update. HTC Droid Eris is in the same situation

FYI: I have 2 HTC Hero on my account and planning to get Evo when it comes out.

Journeyman

Yes I agree totally, Why would I buy a product so I can be left out in the cold again. Unable to run the newest and a few needed apps, because Sprint is either unable or does not want to keep my products up to date.  So sad, I fell for the Hero propaganda, not going to fall for the Evo junk.  iphone is what my spouse wanted, I should have listened. Sprint customer since 2000, time to get off the Sprint merry go-round.  Will be worth the extra expense.  4G my butt, most folks r not even in a 4G market and won't be for some time.  Evo not worth the pain and expense. 

Journeyman

SO you want to spend a ton of money on two new phones that will get the same crappy update support that they have given us with the Hero? Doesnt matter if it is Sprint or HTC's fault. The fact is that you are going to pay them more money to get the same headaches later on.

Journeyman

I dont care about what phones do or dont have 2.1 yet. What I care about is that I was promised an update within 60 days from when I bought my Hero. I bought it in January. This was not an internet rumor. This was a guaranty from the Sprint store manager where I bought my phone. Shame on me for trusting a Sprint store manager. I also have an email from the dan@sprint.com address that tells me that 2.1 will be rolled out in the 1st two weeks of May. According to the new Sprint announcement they will miss that date as well.

Wizard

Not really!

I am only getting it on the line due for upgrade.

Wizard

Dgskydive wrote:

I dont care about what phones do or dont have 2.1 yet. What I care about is that I was promised an update within 60 days from when I bought my Hero. I bought it in January. This was not an internet rumor. This was a guaranty from the Sprint store manager where I bought my phone. Shame on me for trusting a Sprint store manager. I also have an email from the dan@sprint.com address that tells me that 2.1 will be rolled out in the 1st two weeks of May. According to the new Sprint announcement they will miss that date as well.

Here is one thing I learn as Sprint customer for the past 12 years.

Trust no one! If someone says something, ask for a proof of an official info from Sprint. It helps me not to be so frustrated about the lies the sales reps can come up so they can close a deal.

Journeyman

I agree with you on that point. Lesson learned. That is why, as I said in another post. That Sprint will be getting a few more monthly payments from me and then I will be switching to the iPhone as soon as they release the new version. Yes, I know it costs more on the At&T network and they have issues with dropped calls, but at least I know that my phone will be up to date with the newest OS on time for at least two years.

Journeyman

1) Most Hero owners will not be getting an EVO right away unless they want to pay a hefty premium for it since it is less than one year from when the Hero came out (so no full discount.)

2) EVO owners will be in the same boat when 2.x ( x > 1) or 3.x comes out. The newest phones then will probably have it while older phones wait for an upgrade.

There will always be newer, better, phones. There will always be newer software. It is just the nature of technology. If you are not satisfied with the phone the day you bought it then you shouldn't have bought it.

I am not waiting on the edge of my seat for my Hero to be upgraded to 2.1. When it happens it happens. When my one year anniversary is up and, as a premier customer, I am eligible for a full discount upgrade I will look to see what phones are available and decide then if I want to upgrade or not.

If you can't stand the rapid pace of technology then you will forever be frustrated.

Wizard

You made a very good point and I agree with you.

I still can remember when HD2 was announced. We all wanted it on Sprint and were very disappointed when T-Mobile got the exclusivity.

The funny thing was I even saved money for it

Journeyman

The problem with saying a person shouldnt buy the phone if they are not happy with the phone the day it comes out is no one can know what problems a phone may have until you own it. For example the Hero had issues with awake time, bluetooth, and MMS. Should we just accept it and stay happy because thats how it came out?

No... we should expect updates to our phones. Phone companies want us to commit to them for 2 years. Well they should also commit to us for the 2 years. They charge a ETF is we leave but we cant charge them an ETF if they dont support us or our phones.

It is not wrong for a smartphone owner to expect product fixes and updates to the phones. Stop acting like Sprint, HTC, or anyone is doing us a favor by fixing the phone with updates. It isnt a favor. Its an obligation to their customers.

Now i am not an unhappy Hero owner for the most part. My phone has been pretty good. Laggy as heck but pretty good. I have adjusted to having to use other MMS software to send a picture. I use task manager way to often to shut things down that are stuck. But i can live with these things.

Sprint has been bleeding for a long time now. While others grow sprint shrinks.

So from a business perspective sprint needs to do a little more than most.

Journeyman

I understand what you are doing. But you will be dissapointed when they release a phone with 2.2 just a month or two after the EVO drops and it is old news and wont get updated.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat