cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get Sprint Navigator back on my rooted Hero?

Journeyman

How can I get Sprint Navigator back on my rooted Hero?

I flashed a custom ROM that got rid of all those stupid Sprint applications. Unfortunately, it also got rid of that nifty Sprint navigation application that works better than my GPS. Which I should have thought of before flashing the ROM.

Anywho, I love this ROM I don't want to use a different one.

Anyone have the zip for it or anything?

Please and than you!

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: How can I get Sprint Navigator back on my rooted Hero?

The custom ROM creators generally provide links to packages or files where you can download the Sprint applications.

Go back to where you got the ROM.

Journeyman

Download the Fresh Pre-Kitchen here http://geekfor.me/new-release/fresh-pre-kitchen-02/  this is a windows app that includes all Sprint Hero preinstalled apps. It allows for the reinstall of any of these apps via usb.

Journeyman

Thanks so much for the help. That pre-kitchen seemed to get me closest but it keeps saying it can not be installed at the final step

Journeyman

hmm, thats weird, i used the pre-kitchen and it worked fine. Do you have htc sync installed? I think u need it installed for it to work. also the setting for usb debugging (settings-applications-development) needs to be on i believe.

Journeyman

I don't think the pre-kitchen will work if he is using another ROM other than fresh 1.1.  Best bet is to take the files that are there (the sprint navigation files) and just manually do it and push the files to your phone.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat