cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I send my location to someone else.

Journeyman

How can I send my location to someone else.

I have the Hero and was wondering if there is anyway I can let someone know where I am by sending them my current location via SMS or something?

This can be a very handy tool for someone who needs help, so he can dispatch a friend to his location.

Thanks

NR

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: How can I send my location to someone else.

The only thing I could think of would be a gps based program like a geocache program. I dont have my phone directly in front of me, but if memory serves me correctly, you can set a custom way point. The question is if you can share that with others. I'm not sure of that. May have to test it out some day though. Then of course if it does work, you would have to remain in place for them to find you. Otherwise, if they are on the same plan, you could use the family locator feature available from Sprint for an additional fee.

Journeyman

The only thing I can think of is through Sprint Navigation(Premium). Click on "Share & More", then "Share Address".  From there enter the phone number and send.  Haven't tested it yet, so I don't know what kind of info that the other person gets.

Journeyman

Google Latitude works great if your friend uses it. It's built into Maps.

Or you can use Peep to tweet your current location as a link, which your friend can click to bring up Google Maps on his desktop or phone. This has the advantage of being super easy. You can actually use the location function to create a new tweet and insert a map link, but then just copy the link from the Peep input window and paste it into an SMS or email, thus avoiding tweeting your exact location.

Or you can use a third-party app like Foursquare.

Journeyman

the tweeter solution does work. Thanks

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat