cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get the Hero Music application to play multiple albums in track order?

Highlighted
Journeyman

How do I get the Hero Music application to play multiple albums in track order?

Thanks to this forum I have been able to download several of my CDs (Albums) and I even added the artwork to each song using Windows Media Player, thanks to suggestions here.  Everything was looking great.  Each CD came up with the correct artwork when I played it. The Music application gives you several ways to play the music. So here is the problem.

So for instance I stored 6 CDs by 6 different artists.  I want to play each CD, playing each song on the CD in the original order.  Sounds simple right?  So what happens is I use the (three lines) on the lower left side to pull up the submenu.  Then I select the "Albums", which its the little turntable.  It nicely shows the 6 CDs (Albums) then I have to hit the "MENU" key and select "PLAY ALL".   Now it has selected all of the albums and the songs on each album for playing.  It returns to the main player screen, and starts playing the first CD, and with a finger swipe I can flip to the next screen.  I thought it worked perfect.  It starts playing the first Album, but instead of the first song on the first album, it plays the songs in alphabetical order on first CD, NOT in track sequence, then if I swipe my finger, it starts playing the second CD, but again it plays the first alphabetical songs on the second CD, NOT the first track.

So how do I get it play each CD, Track 1-xx, in the track order they are supposed to played in?  I have checked the song properties for each song and they are correctly reporting the correct track number for each song.

Basically I can play all of the songs on all of the CDs in alphabetical order.  I can play the CDs in order one at a time, but the songs on each CD are alphabetical.  The only way I can play songs in track order is if I select a single album, then play just that single album.

I want to be able to flip through my CDs, using my finger to select the CD, then have the CD play in track order.

Please help, thank you.

Message was edited by: terryg

13 REPLIES 13
Journeyman

Re: How do I get the Hero Music application to play multiple albums in track order?

Hmm, 80+ people have read this, and still no answer.  I guess I did find a problem then.

Journeyman

Re: How do I get the Hero Music application to play multiple albums in track order?

Ok.  Well in doing some more checking, it appears the issue of not being able to play albums in track order has been around, even back to the instinct days.   There was never any answer from anyone for those requests either, other than to create playlists with the songs listed in track order.  How hard is it to sort the songs in tracks order by album optionally instead of alphabetical order?

Journeyman

You might try "Meridian Player Noble" from the market. If you choose "all songs" (either from the top level, or under a specific artist), it can play things in track order by album. You get the option to sort by Title, Date Added, Filename, or Album/Track.

Journeyman

Buck2202:

That Meridian Player Noble is not bad.  You are correct, after changing the option in preferences to sort play list by Album and Track, I can play every song on every album in track order.   I will still keep playing with it, and getting used to the up and down finger swipes to change tracks.  At least I can play songs on multiple albums in track order.  I will play with the Meridian Player some more.  Thank you for the response.

I still would like HTC to add the ability to play all Albums in Track order to the standard music player.

Message was edited by: terryg

Journeyman

I just got my Hero, so this could be wrong, but some players use the song's metadata to determine the order of play.  Right-click the file and look for detailed properties on it (might vary slightly by Windows version) and look for #.  That will tell you what order the songs on a particular album will play in, assuming that there other metadata is correct, i.e. album name, artist, etc.

Took me a while to figure this out on my Instinct, and even longer to fix a lot of songs that had been set to 1 by the ripper I was using at the time.

Journeyman

deathweezel:  All of my metadata was correct, as I had sync'd my HERO to my music library containing full music albums.  So all of the track data was an is correct.  The whole issue is that the standard application does not allow you the option of playing all of your albums in track order.  The other application called Meridian, as suggested by another post allows you to do that.  This is what I wanted the standard application to do.

Album 1

Track 1

Track 2

Track 3

....... etc.

Album 2

Track 1

Track 2

Track 3

..... etc.

Album 3

Track 1

Track 2

...... etc.

I just wanted the standard music player to play my albums in the above order.  Instead the standard player will only play each album in alphabetical order by the song title.

Journeyman

It would be much simpler to simply remove the micro sd card and edit the folders and playlists using your computer.

Wizard

Or using your computer, edit the song data to change the name from "Song" to "1 Song" etc.

Journeyman

I found the using a tag editor is really useful, then it makes sure everything is in correct order. I also noticed that if you swipe to change songs, it changes the whole album. But if you have multiple songs from the same album and you want to change it to the next track, use the arrows. So there has to be a way to play an entire album in numerical order. In the default player, if you hit the button with three lines then click the icon that looks like a cd case, it will give you different albums that are on your phone. Click one of those and it will play all the songs in that album. If your tags are correct it will play them in the correct order too.

Journeyman

i wish i had your problem. i can't even seem to copy any music to my phone. i use windows media with a cd in the drawer "ac/dc for example" and try to copy it to my phone's 2gig memory card and it says the music is protected or something to that effect. but my biggest problem right now is...i joined phonezoo, i've sent really cool ringtones to my phone which downloaded fine but i get a message that i need a "handler" to play them. i choose "get handler" which brings me to the sprint web site but i see nothing about a "handler". sounds like you've got some experience w/ music probs...any pointers? by the way, i have a samsung seek. if that matters.

Journeyman

Out of curiosity, you are ripping the cd to the computer first as an MP3 right? Also, with the phonezoo thing, I don't know much about them because I use mixer and zedge, but make sure they're sending your phone the right kind of ringtone. The file format they're sending may not be compatible with your phone. Feel free to message me with any question about the music.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat