cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you open the Hero to remove/replace the SD card?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Patron

How do you open the Hero to remove/replace the SD card?

I see the old Hero model has an indentation to pry it open but the Sprint version doesn't have it. It's pretty much impossible to pry it open without doing any damage to it from what I can see if you're not doing correctly....

I've googled how to open it and only see tutorials for the "chin" models

Help?

10 REPLIES 10
Journeyman

Re: How do you open the Hero to remove/replace the SD card?

Slide the back cove up to remove it and then check on the side. It says "MicroSD" right above the card slot. Press the card inward and it will pop out to remove it.

Journeyman

Press about a thumbs length above the HTC branding on the back and while pressing just slide your thumb up.

Patron

Haha.... my my that was simple.... Thanks

Journeyman

Push the back upwards with your thumbs (=

Read the manual...

Patron

I would have definately wrecked it trying to pry it open, for sure

Journeyman

You also want to unmount the SD card before you remove it. 

Patron

I turned the phone off and removed it then placed it back in while still off. I just wanted to know how... I didn't unmount. Did I mess it up? <_<

Journeyman

Not sure if that would mess it up. I just saw that there was a setting in the phone to unmount. So I`am sure it`s there for a reason.

Good Luck.

Journeyman

you probably didnt mess anything up but unmount next time. you always run the risk of losing data by just removing it, although its unlikely. Better to be safe then sorry.

Journeyman

Wonderbot wrote:

I turned the phone off and removed it then placed it back in while still off. I just wanted to know how... I didn't unmount. Did I mess it up? <_<

No, that's perfectly fine. You just don't want to pop it out with the system on and it mounted.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat