cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many people actually having texting problems on HTC Hero?

Highlighted
Patron

How many people actually having texting problems on HTC Hero?

The title says it all.  I am wondering how big of a problem this is with the phone?  I just ordered it, but now found out about these terrible problems, and I'm a pretty avid texter.  Does everybody have it, or just a few people who post here?  Please respond below.

23 REPLIES 23
Journeyman

Re: How many people actually having texting problems on HTC Hero?

none at all for me i use handcent sms but even in the regular native app i still did not have any problems

Patron

Okay thanks.  Anybody else?

Journeyman

Never had a problem.

Patron

Well thats good news.  I am really excited about this phone as it seems extremely solid, except for this major flaw.

Please keeping adding if you can. Thanks.

Journeyman

No texting problems here....it is the MMS that I'm having an issue with.  My phone had been rock solid since october.  Now...about two weeks ago, my phone rebooted by itself and hasn't been the same since.  Now I'm not able to open MMS messages, my phone probably reboots on its own every 3rd day or so and just other little quirky things here and there. 

I think I'm due for a visit to my local Sprint repair/service shop......

Patron

Thank you.  If i remember correctly, I think the mms was the problem, but it sounds like there is a  way around that.

And what HTC Hero rom are you guys on?

Journeyman

I have had two solid days of missed text messages since having the hero.   I could send text messages but never could receive them.  Reboot seemed to fix the issue.  I have owned it for less than two months.  I found that rebooting every 3 or so days keeps this problem from happening.

Journeyman

How do you reboot?  I am having this problem.

Thanks

Journeyman

jezszy0109 wrote:

How do you reboot?  I am having this problem.

Thanks

Turn your phone OFF and then turn it back on.

Journeyman

hehe ok.  I got what the HTC site suggest.  It worked. 

http://www.htc.com/uk/faqs.aspx?p_id=283&cat=82&id=107456

"To reset the phone using phone buttons, with the phone turned off, press and hold the HOME, END CALL/POWER, and BACK buttons. The reset process will start after a few seconds"

Journeyman

I have had the phone about a month and have had no problems with texting. I have 1.5 OS and only have 2 apps. Also, I reboot the phone by turning it off every few days to fix the laggy-ness.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat