cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Root Your HTC Hero for Sprint...

Journeyman

Re: How to Root Your HTC Hero for Sprint...

Ive had my hero rooted since August of 09. I am running 2.3 on my hero now. Check xda-developers.com for was to root and custom roms for the hero.

Journeyman

If I decide to install 2.2 on my phone, is there a newer version that has the bugs fixed with the camera? If so what is the link for it? Is it the same link?

Message was edited by: David_Martin_Jr

Journeyman

This is the link for the 2.3 update and google apps. Ive been running the 2.3 update for the hero for about a week and everything is working fine except for the visual voicemail from sprint.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=864403

Master

On rooting a Sprint device , some of the software seems to work  okay with the device.  However, When Sprint sends out updates to  correct problems or  to add features  these may not work on a rooted device.     Some rooted devices have problems either because the process to root the device was not followed correctly  or  the software loaded has a problem     Sprint does not support rooted devices  and the user must  get the device back to  approved firmware  before warranty  will be honored .  When rooting a phone you  are on your own

Journeyman

Are there very many advanteges to 2.3 over 2.2? I've finally got 2.2 on my Hero and I love it so far but is 2.3 really any better?

Highlighted
Journeyman

So, we do all of this by connecting your Hero to your computer?  What if I don't sync my phone with my computer?  Is there a way to do it without putting the stupid HTC sync program on your computer?

Journeyman

Hello, my wife has a Hero, and the phone has a ton of lag and facebook sync issues.  It is NOT yet rooted.  We have done several factory resets to try and fix issues with no success.

If I were to root this phone, will this actually help with lag and the whole facebook sync problems this phone has?

Should I bother?

Journeyman

My htc hero's build # is 2.32.651.2 cl282911 release-key. Can I still root my cell using this process?