cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change or delete gmail account?

Highlighted
Journeyman

How to change or delete gmail account?

When I turned on the Hero for the first time I put in all my email accounts and my gmail (Google) account.  Now I want to delete that account but can't find out how. Does anyone know how to remove or change your gmail account?

Tags (3)
5 REPLIES
Wizard

Re: How to change or delete gmail account?

Only way I know of is to reset the phone ):

Journeyman

Hold on. I just removed my gmail account from the HTC email earlier today. Unfortunately, I can't duplicate the process because I now have zero accounts on the HTC mail. But I think I remember that you just go to the email program, then "menu" and then "accounts". You should have the ability to delete accounts from that point.

This assumes you are taking an account off of the HTC email app. I suppose if you want to remove the gmail app, you have to remove the whole application.

Message was edited by: unplugged

Journeyman

From home screen hit menu hard key > Applications > Manage Applications > (wait a bit for phone to compute) Scroll down to "gmail" click once then click "clear data" hit back hard key then below it you should see "google apps" click once then hit "clear data" as well. I rebooted my phone and it asked me to re-enter my gmail address and password but not sure if you need to reboot.

Hope this helps.

Message was edited by: BP600

Journeyman

Thank you, That really did the trick!!!

Journeyman

thank you... i have been trying to do this for weeks....

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.