cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send songs/ringtones via bluetooth on hero PLEASE HELPP!

Highlighted
Journeyman

How to send songs/ringtones via bluetooth on hero PLEASE HELPP!

and if any of you have the ringdroid app, do you know if you can send ringtones you made with the app to another phone via bluetooth?

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Wizard

I don't know about bluetooth, but I have been able to transfer ringtones by USB from a PC. You can just create a folder caled ringtones and notifications. Any files there will show up as your ringtones.

If you are able to find where ringdroid puts its files, then you could put them on your computer and send them to another phone using a web service such as Rumkin phone uploader:

http://rumkin.com/tools/sprint/

Highlighted
Journeyman

my girlfriend's in germany and she tells me all the things that is being done w/ BT in europe

fellow americans, we are NOT utilizing BT the way it was designed to be!

i *wish* these "smartphones" would jump on the BT bandwagon

americans can be so damn squeamish about privacy or.... i honestly don't know what it is about BT that has squelched adoption here in the states because BT can *really* be a useful tool

!!

Journeyman

hey wats curly. sadly you cant send any songs or ringtones via BLUETOOTH because the Hero doesnt SupportThe FTP blueeoth profile. I hope they add it on the update to Eclair but for now it only Supprots Headsets and A2DP.

Highlighted
Journeyman

sandawgscorch wrote:

my girlfriend's in germany and she tells me all the things that is being done w/ BT in europe

fellow americans, we are NOT utilizing BT the way it was designed to be!

i *wish* these "smartphones" would jump on the BT bandwagon

americans can be so **** squeamish about privacy or.... i honestly don't know what it is about BT that has squelched adoption here in the states because BT can *really* be a useful tool

!!

It's funny how many Americans see BT only as a way to "hear" their phones. Either with a BT headset or speaker system and that's pretty much it.

In the U.K., as I suspect like in Germany, BT is used for file sharing, quick photo shooting to a mate, business card sharing, calendar appointment sharing, printing, proximity based activities and so much more.

In the States I've heard it a thousand times...call me real quick so I'll have your number. I ask, can't I just "tooth" it to you? Most look at me as though I'm speaking Greek. When I show them how, they are amazed. They didn't know BT could do that. The lowly Samsung Instinct had this, as did lots of cheapo free phones. I was surprised that Android didn't. Oddly, neither does the iPhone.

I read somewhere that OS 2.0 will include OBEX, OOP and PBAP which will enable some of these features, but astonishingly I haven't found the inclusion of the BT FTP stack. I like to be able to transfer files back and forth between my computer and phone via BT and I need FTP...

Message was edited by: jturnbow

Highlighted
Patron

Guys you can root your device and then install a BT filemanager.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Try this app from the market. It does state that it doesnt work on the Hero, but some say it does (though I havnt tried myself) .   http://www.androlib.com/android.application.it-medieval-blueftp-qAFE.aspx

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ludwig wrote:

Guys you can root your device and then install a BT filemanager.

True, but this has only been possible for about 12 hours now so some on here asking may not be aware yet...or want to void there warranties...

Highlighted
Journeyman

jturnbow wrote:

It's funny how many Americans see BT only as a way to "hear" their phones. Either with a BT headset or speaker system and that's pretty much it.

In the U.K., as I suspect like in Germany, BT is used for file sharing, quick photo shooting to a mate, business card sharing, calendar appointment sharing, printing, proximity based activities and so much more.

In the States I've heard it a thousand times...call me real quick so I'll have your number. I ask, can't I just "tooth" it to you? Most look at me as though I'm speaking Greek. When I show them how, they are amazed. They didn't know BT could do that. The lowly Samsung Instinct had this, as did lots of cheapo free phones. I was surprised that Android didn't. Oddly, neither does the iPhone.

I read somewhere that OS 2.0 will include OBEX, OOP and PBAP which will enable some of these features, but astonishingly I haven't found the inclusion of the BT FTP stack. I like to be able to transfer files back and forth between my computer and phone via BT and I need FTP...

Message was edited by: jturnbow

nice!

someone who knows what i'm talking about!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Bluetooth File Transfer that I mentioned in an earlier post does not require rooting.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I wouldn't suggest this.  Everytime you pair your Hero with anything it uses 8MB of memory that you will not get back.  Also, when you download from the market it uses memory, but when you delete the app you do not get the memory back.  This is a known issue, and a patch is about to be released to fix it.  I would wait until you get the update before you attempt to transfer via bluetooth.  The lower you memory gets, the closer you are to resetting your device to get the memory back.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat